Dish / DirecTV + Sabres

ok so I’m thinking about getting satellite, but want to make sure that I can get the sabres while they are playing on MSG. If I get a sports pkg with MSG will I get the sabres, or am I screwed?

With Dish you will, and I’m 99% sure with DTV you will too.

With Dish they put them on the regional sports channels, so the games are somewhere between 444 and 453. Today was 445.

The great part about that is you don’t have to worry about the morons that Time Warner forgetting to switch MSG Buffalo over to the sabres game. The last straw for me with Time Warner was watching 30 minutes of “inside the knicks” when the Sabres game was supposed to be on.

DirecTV has the Sabres on channel 627 and it is part of every package you will get at no extra cost. You also get MSG included with every package.

I’m more interested in Direct Tv… I want to do their bundle, Phone, DSL + DTV for around the price of TW… Unless Dish has a bundle with someone.

DirecTV + Verizon is the only bundle you will find.

Dish will be cheaper. DTV will allow you to bundle. Both will get you Sabres games. If you want Versus then both companies are just about equal in price since it doesnt come in either companies standard packs.

I just grabbed my Remote to double check, but I have the standard DirecTV package and I get Versus and I don’t pay anything extra for it.

Yeah, Versus comes on all DTV packages, where you need a top package on Dish to get it. Wasn’t a big factor for me since I was looking at the top packages anyway.

I was just going by DTV’s website which shows it in the Choice XTRA pack not the Choice pack. I know for a fact you cant get it in Dish 100/200. You need to get the 250 pack which starts at $52.99.

My girlfriends dad has stupid dishnetwork, and has the 29.99 package.

He doesn’t get msg, and doesn’t get the versus network, but he does get about 15 fucking shopping channels.

I’d get directv.

Plus directv is going to be offering a ton more hd programming in the future.

So is your girlfriend a man?

see DAD 3rd word in first paragraph

dtv gets HD sabres games on vs, unlike shitty cable which is always blacked out

PM me if you decide to go with Dish Network. I can get you set-up.

One other thing to take note of, is if your looking for a HD-DVR, Dish Network gives them FREE to new customers. I believe there is a fee to get one through DTV, not to mention last I heard, they are back-ordered on them by like a month or something. I can get you installed by the end of the week.

And if you’re going HD, the vip622 that Dish Network has is an amazing receiver. After suffering with the Time Warner POS HD Dvr for 2 years I’m still amazed by how well the 622 works.

exactly!

DTV has THE WORST dvr EVER. It records stuff decently but the playback functions suck really bad.

False

Ok well when I had it roughly 3 months ago it sucked. Sure it recorded everything I wanted but the fast forward/rewind/stop/play functions sucked. You’d be ff and hit play, and 5 minutes later it would play. Same for rewinding and pausing. I have never had the problem with dish.

DTV’s DVR is known for having many issues but I dont see how it could be worse than cables or even Fio’s DVR for that matter.