Dish Network comes through with a big slap in the face

Do NOT buy an HD tv for a second room in your house. Apparently they will charge you 20 dollars per month per HD receiver you have.

what a bunch of crap.

hahaha, direct tv time…

it always boggles the mind when one company is SOOO over priced on something, that they just dont get it…

high five!

good ole dish

bring us FiOS TV soooooonnnn

does that include the box purchase/lease fee?

[quote=“Viper966,post:4,topic:40091"”]

does that include the box purchase/lease fee?

[/quote]

Nope, the box will cost you another $99

So to have 1 dual tuner HD dvr, and 1 single HD tuner with HBO and the HD channels it would cost about $150 a month. I like tv, but I don’t like it that much.

sonofabitch…I was just going to upgrade my dish package to include HD with my new TV and for that much $ I might as well bundle it with my internet and have one bill TW…:eek: And I REALLY REALLY don’t want TW

I have the basic 100 package and the Latino package,so total is like $50/mo. I really hate TV, but it is oh so very entertaining…

But, I get ch 498.

are you sure the person you were talking to didnt make a mistake?

[quote=“Viper966,post:8,topic:40091"”]

are you sure the person you were talking to didnt make a mistake?

[/quote]

+1

I had to call them 4 times yesterday to make a simple change. They have probably the lowest standard for outsourced support I’ve ever experienced.

EDIT:

Call back. A chat I just had with them via their site.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you…
You have been connected to (03)John A.
(03)John A: Welcome to Dish Network. How may I help you today?
JayS: Hi. I’m a current customer with 2 receivers in my house, one 622 that gets HD and one regular receiver
(03)John A: Okay.
JayS: I was thinking about getting the new 722 and moving the 622 to the other room, but a friend told me I would be charged the $20 HD service fee for both receivers
JayS: is this true?
(03)John A: That is correct.
(03)John A: The fee for programming would be only one no matter how many receivers you have.
JayS: Wait, you’ve said two different things.
(03)John A: I meant that the $20.00 fee for the HD package would be only one charge on the bill even if you have two HD receivers.
JayS: So to add HD service to two receivers in my house, would it be $20 or $40?
(03)John A: Would still remain $20.00.
JayS: Ok, that’s what I thought but he was just told by dishnetwork phone customer service that he would be hit with an additional $20 HD fee for the 2nd receiver
(03)John A: I am sorry for this miscommunication.
JayS: No problem. Thanks for the answers.

So yet again:
Dish Network TV service = Greatness
Dish Network Customer Service = The dumbest/cheapest people they can find anywhere on the planet.

where is carbonfiberhooded when we need him?

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:10,topic:40091"”]

where is carbonfiberhooded when we need him?

[/quote]

probably switching to a real service like directv.

wow, that was just uncalled for :slight_smile:

$10 HD service FTW

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:12,topic:40091"”]

wow, that was just uncalled for :slight_smile:

[/quote]

why havnt you made the switch, are you under contract or something?

yes, and i <3 kung-fu hd

Bobby set me up with a 722 in my living room and a 222 in my bedroom. Both rooms receive and display HD and I only pay a single $20 HD fee.

Apparently the 722 runs both rooms and the 222 runs a third room. Or something like that.

Damn it Bobby, where you at?

http://z.about.com/d/homevideo/1/0/1/G/KingOfTheHillTractorSmall.jpg

yeah, i need to get a hold of him and get this squared away.

bobby, call me or stop over for a beer.

I’m under contract for about 6 more months but DTV hasn’t really added any new HD that I would want that I don’t get with Dish. I don’t care about HD locals because I prefer my antenna based HD locals. 1, they look better, and 2, using the antenna tuner leaves dish tuner 1 and 2 available. The 622 DVR seamlessly integrates the antenna input.

In 6 months we’ll see who has the best HD. Maybe Fios TV will be here by then and really make it interesting.

If the sat guys don’t step up and get me the Buffalo MSG HD feed I might even end up back with TW. I’ve heard real good things about the TW DVR interface they should be rolling out soon.

yeah, no MSG HD really pisses me off.

Otherwise, I am happy with Dish.

[quote=“JayS,post:18,topic:40091"”]

I’m under contract for about 6 more months but DTV hasn’t really added any new HD that I would want that I don’t get with Dish. I don’t care about HD locals because I prefer my antenna based HD locals. 1, they look better, and 2, using the antenna tuner leaves dish tuner 1 and 2 available. The 622 DVR seamlessly integrates the antenna input.

In 6 months we’ll see who has the best HD. Maybe Fios TV will be here by then and really make it interesting.

If the sat guys don’t step up and get me the Buffalo MSG HD feed I might even end up back with TW. I’ve heard real good things about the TW DVR interface they should be rolling out soon.

[/quote]

umm lets not count the Voom shit that dish acquired, dtv has a ton more HD without that compressed voom crap dish calls HD.