Moving tomorrow... DirecTV or TW?

So, I am finally getting my own pad :slight_smile:

The only question left… DirecTV or Cable? Those are the two options i have, and the wiring for both is installed and ready to go :slight_smile:

I want DVR but not HD at the moment.

I was looking at both websites, and I think I want to go with DirecTV.

Anyone here a supplier/seller/someone that can help/lower price/give advice?

directv pwns

Why do you not want HD? TV can’t support?

yea, dont have a HDTV yet. Needed the apartment first. I can always upgrade later

01AudiS4 works for DirecTV I think…Don’t quote me on that.

There is another option. (as long as you don’t care about the Yankees or NFL ticket)

If you don’t care about those two things, then Dish Network will most likely be the cheapest alternative. The DTV wiring can easily manipulated to allow a Dish Network system to work without much change.

PM me if interested. I’m an installer.

I don’t know what the going rate is for TW nowdays but I sure do love my DirecTV.

d o t

every time I price it out time warner wins.

what I need =
all the normal HD channels + HBO and I also need high speed internet somehow. no phone needed.

dish and direct always cost more because I have to get crap I’m not interested in.

I’m paying $130 right now with TW.

your paying too much…

while if you ONLY compare TW + HD+ HBO you may end up ahead with TW based on price alone

DTV has about 50 more HD channels including 3 HBO HD channels

i worked for both. I can tell you direct tv hd is a great picture. also direct tv has alot more hd channels then time warner. it will also be cheaper.

damn I pay $120 for DirecTV and I have every channel, 1 HD box, and 1 HD-DVR box.

His $130 for TW includes internet.

DTV!

nothing better

i have 7 recievers 2 dvrs and i pay 160 a month

i have directv with hd package no dvr i hd receiver 2 reg receivers and no premium channels for $56/month. add on roadrunner lite for $15/month. after taxes it’s about $80/month for directv/internet.

Digital cable, and Roadrunner.

90 bucks a month. with one digi box, no dvrs. soon to have 2 digi boxes

I have all premiums plus playboy channel 2 HD DVRS Digital Phone and RR. I pay 36.50 a month with tax. I <3 TWC

^fking employee discount shit

Time Warner’s HD selection blows. I know you don’t need it now but with all the dog shit you’re going to clean up this spring you’ll be able to buy that HDTV in no time. :wink: Why not just go DirecTV now and save yourself the hassle of switching?