Other Aftermarket Seats?

I’m shopping around for stuff like seats, and I’m just wondering what else is out there.

not looking for anything to break the bank, but dont want a POS.

i want black
harness slots
reclining
good support but nothing too crazy
vehicle specific brackets offered

so far the obvious are sparco and corbeau. between those two, i’m definitely liking the corbeaus better; something like this:

http://www.corbeau.com/product_images/cr1/leather/CR1-L20901-main-lg.jpg

i’m kinda new to the whole aftermarket seat thing, do you guys have any other recommendations? thanks

ALSO - im thinking about getting suede. is that a bad idea as far as keeping them clean/durabilty goes?

check out buddy club

Buddy club seats in an F body???

My thoughts lol

Suede is magic… good call. Its not that hard to keep clean.

The 03-04 Cobras have suade & leather seats, i love them! When/ if i switch seats in my car, i wil go this route for sure.

little bit better than acr or some no name brand. some people do not care and they would be right in the range he was looking. they are not bad seats. thats like omg a fast honda no way they do not work in the same sentence. but they do!

:lol: :mamoru:

Get nice corbeaus Bill.

http://www.fastraceproducts.com/page/fastraceproducts/PROD/cobrasidewinder/COB-16000-black

i’m guessing thats breaking the bank though? lol

Orzech is selling my old corbeas, they’re super comfy, carbon fiber backed, and I believe they make brackets that will fit in your car. I miss them :frowning:

I’d go with those if I were you.

recaros

$$$$$$$$$

rachtech, momo… but what is your goal? because as soon as you say recline you lose a large part of the safety… since you’re probably talking street use + drag it’s probably fine for passing tech with recline as long as you don’t mind having all that power and lesser safety.

idc about my safety, i want to recline damnit.

if i go this route, that car will not be a max effort drag car. aka, t56, 8pt, 9.5 et low. it will still be a street car, and i need seats anyway

Arizen is an expensive option but less hassle. MRC’s are the cheaper alternative.

MRC’s

i was thinking about the MRCs but their pricing went up. that’s 6LITEREATER’s car right? he got those as a knockoff to his buddys, but he even says in the thread where i got the pic below, he wish he would have got the corbeaus.

which brings me to this, i think im going to get these below, Corbeau A4 in black microsuede. $400ea, isn’t too bad. it’s a nice looking seat

between those or the CR1, or LG1. these are $55 more ea, but thats not really a big deal when you figure i’ll have them for a while, or at least until the next fire. they are slightly nicer looking seats. brackets are about $100

CR1

I wouldn’t buy corbeau microsuede seats unless you like purple seats after a year or two :mamoru:

EDIT: If you do go with some sort of corbeau get the double locking sliders with their brackets the single locking ones are pieces of shit and break on people all the time.

I like the Corbeau’s for the style, function and the price… I do not like the threat of purple seats though.

MRC’s looked good, leather/pleather doesn’t matter because we have pleather as stock seats in the Camaro’s anyway. They also would fit the car better I think for daily driving and comfort in my opinion.

Tough call…

Yeah the Corbeau microsuede seats have crappy dye or something because they turn purple after being exposed to the sun after a year or two. If I wanted black reclinable Corbeau’s I would probably get the leather TRS’s or the cloth LG1’s.

those are pretty sexy seats…