Racing Seats

So im looking into getting racing seats for my car . . . not really sure what to get

well let me rephrase that… im deciding between the Corbeau LG1 (reclinable) and the Corbeau FX Pro (fixed)
ive heard good and bad things about both . . .my car is a DD during the summer months and probably will be making at least one trip to Charlotte, NC (1700miles round trip) and at least 1 trip to NYC this summer. . .

when it comes down to it the FX Pro is cheaper

i will prolly end up doing at least one or two auto-x events

i think im leaning towards the FX pro but i wanna hear everyones opinions

I wouldn’t buy any fixed seat unless you have sat in them beforehand. If you have and determined them to be tolerable for a 8+ hour road trip than go for it. I have a very limited experience with racing seats (except the stock evo recaros), but I can’t imagine them being comfortable for anything over an hour or two.

thats the thing where im stuck at…i know what you mean my m3 come with stock recaro seats… and my roommate has Evo2’s in his m3 and we cruised around for a few hours in them they were fine… it jsut that idk how they will be on the trip to NC… which would only be about 11.5hrs and once maybe twice a year…

i was also reading that the FX Pro’s are suppose to be the most comfortable fixed back seats on the market

your m3 didnt come with vaders? :rofl

what do you mean stock recaros?

the vaders are made by Recaro

dumbass :stfu

lol

if you plan on taking this road triping…no fixed seats…youll regret it before jearsey

I challenge you to find one Recaro marking on the vaders :rofl

Who told you that?

They were made by a company called General Dynamics…if you pull the back cover off of one of them you’ll see a build sheet for the seat.

go on bf.c , everyone on there says they are . . idk thats what everyone on there has told me

Yeah more misinformation from bf.c, but what’s new :rofl

true that… ill have to do some investigation on that

Not necessarily, my old Sparco Evos were more comfortable than the stock seats and I drove them from MD to Atlanta and back a few times. My new Racetech 4009HR is even twice as comfortable as that.

Nick- My buddy has FX1 Pros in his E36, I’m sure you can check them out.

Fixed back seats with high leg bolsters can suck getting in and out because you have to sit up and IN them, you can just plunk your ass down and spin towards the wheel. It gets to be a pain.

For support there is no substitute for a GOOD fixed back seat, but if its only a street car, consider a recliner.

And the Vaders arent Recaros, its some basic auto seat manuf. in Europe. I forget the name.

yeah thanks bro . .

so for the long drive they werent bad?

If you can setup your comfort, get a fixed back on sliders. GOOD Fixed back seats are super confortable when fit and sized properly. Racetech are by far the most confortable seats I’ve ever sat in, and I’ve got a messed up spine/ribs from snowboarding.

If you get Racetechs and are tall, add the “t” suffix in as that adds 4" to the height of the headrest. IE like Jesse’s parts number 4009HR is 4008THR for me and my lanky 6.3 frame…

Oh and you DON’T want the 4009HR in your car HR stands for head restraint…bitch to get out of in any car and a bit of a pain to your face if you get smacked in the side w/o a helmet…

oh and btw jesse and anyone else who knows anyone who wants stock M3 vaders , and can sell them for more $700 can keep the difference (if you wanna see them in person let me know, they are in great shape)

just as a side note

If you have an M3, why are you even looking at Corbeau seats? Might as well get some high end seats to match the high end badges on your car.

:rofl

Corbeau is a well respected seat manufacturer, I mean it’s no recaro, but they make DAMN fine seats…

we put recaro seats in a car here…basically 100$$$ per letter is what the seats cost

:confused , Recaros go for atleast a grand per set…depending on what ones you get and for what kind of car some are over 2k :nuts

These are not “racing seats” they are tuner seats and are not FIA legal.