Out with the old in with the new... PART II

Hey guys, been a WHILE since i’ve even logged on here. Alot has changed since then. I’ve finally upgraded to something nice, no more 3000gt with 165k on it, (Miss that car like crazy though) and no more DSM (miss that as well). I picked up a 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR. Has the EJ25 2.5L motor that I love, such a unique sound. Overall the car is in great shape, got her with 40,822 miles on it.

Modifications include:

-Full Exhaust

-SPT cold air intake

-STi Top mount intercooler

-Lowered slightly on springs

I did not put those mods on, other than the intercooler. Thats how the dealer sold it to me, (Not complaining by any means). I replaced the intercooler because the stock WRX one that was on it was in rough shape. Replaced it with a better SUBARU product. Car rides/runs/handles like a dream and I couldn’t be any happier with it.

I do have a few small things planned for it.

-Black RALLY ARMOUR mud flaps
-STi Oversized hood scoop
-MAYBE a 6spd sti tranny swap in the far future

and maybe some small stuff from there, but i’m just going to drive it and enjoy it for now.

Here are a few photos, thanks for checking out the thread.

Looks good minus the pink covers. Always been a fan of the hawkeyes. Would only get one in white myself but looks clean

yeah i painted them pink, i like it but i’ve got some mixed reviews lol

but thanks man

Tick tock, tick tock…

You need to restore them to the OEM color and ditch the Barbie pink.

Pics look great man, good luck with the new car

http://remarkablogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/time-bomb.jpg

cut the red wire…NO…blue…NOOO…pink! ahhhh!

Those can be done along with the motor rebuild.

UPDATE: It did end up having a very safe and basic tune on it, my buddy George hooked up his laptop and pulled the tune. it’s not an agressive tune what so ever but its a tune good enough for the downpipe

Also the barbie pink covers are going this weekend… I honestly don’t know what I was thinking when I thought that even look remotely close to STi pink. But those are going back to factory black, and Rally Armor mudflaps are getting ordered tomorrow.

Also, Alpine, why do you think its going to blow up?

Couple more photos…

Because shift is full of subaru haters… lol. I’m constantly being told mine’s going to blow up and so far it’s been good (knock on wood). But they do have bad reputations… lol.

full exhaust plus sti top mount and no tune (plus probably romping on it) = your car going boom. i own an 07 wrx wagon and even i had that as my first thought.

im glad there is another subaru enthusiast but until this gets tuned i would highly suggest staying out of boost.

also fred at capitaland subaru is a rally armor vendor and i think there is a discount if you are a unysoc.org member.

edit: the spt is a short ram, and for your sake that was a good thing. all that other stuff plus the CAI would’ve just compounded the issues.

edit edit: did you buy the sti splitter to go with the top mount. if not i would recommend it otherwise your only getting air to like 70% of the intercooler.

it’s tuned sir, read my last couple of posts

Plus, it would be throwing a check engine code, and right now there is no code being thrown

I do have the splitter, it’s not in yet. I’m waiting until i get an 04-05 over sized scoop because i like the looks of them

ah well then. super cool fun times. you’re gonna love it.

What wheels are those??? I like them a lot. Don’t listen to zeedeveeeeell either, he don’t know shiiot