Outboard motor question... boat

ok so i have this 2000 Honda 35 hp 4 stroke 3 cylinder motor, it idles low and as soon as the motor is put in gear, the boat bogs down and stalls

each cylinder has a screw on it that subsequently when turned adjusts the idle, but im thinkin there has got to be a better way… i’ve adjusted the idle and it is much better, but i have the screws mainly pushed in all the way

also are there any good boat forums around? thanks in advance

btw a diagram would be awesome if anybody knows what i adjusted and what i need to adjust

anybodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

a shameless bump, but i got some pics now

ok heres the pics… the pic with the marks shows the boat at idle… apparently after adjustin each cylinders idle screw the middle carb is leaking gas now… so i returned everything back to teh way it was before and am now lookin for a way to adjust every cylinder individually… 1200 rpms seems about the right speed for it to idle… it sounds like its runnin well at that rpm anythin under 1k it sputters a bit…

on with the pics

btw the turquoise circles are what i adjusted… they are back to their normal state now, fwiw

thanks again

Might have better luck over at www.trailerboats.com

My experience though has been that most people who own boats simply take them to a mechanic. Since a boat is a disposable income purchase the ratio of people who do their own work is much worse than with cars.

You best bet is to pickup a factory service manual. I still need to get one for my 3.0 Volvo in my boat.