Water sking anybody?

This was a former drug runners boat capable of 300+ MPH and the guard had to bring in a special chopper just to catch it,LMFAO!:nuts:

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/attachment1.jpg

HOLY SHIT!

Boat is inflatable rubber and u can see the cocaine in the back right corner

what is that…200hp?

Not quit sure but they said it did top speed of 300+ adn they could not catch it on radar or with another boat:nuts:

well I know that with my two Bayliners, the outbaord model numbers would let you know the horsepower. like 170 was 17 horsepower, 300 was 30hp and so on…so I was just figuring if it was the same deal, then that boat would have like 200 hp, with (8) 250 motors on it.

I am by far the farthest thing from a boat engine expert…so maybe someone else can jump in and confirm. That would have been a wicked ride though.

i found this ad for one of those motors:

1995 Yamaha vx250 salt water series 250 h.p. outboard engine

thats ridiculous, that cant be right!

They’ve made serious advancements in the realm of marine motors in the last few years?

Outboard motors aren’t even 2stroke anymore I don’t think. That ad is probably right for the motors. 250 is a pretty big outboard. If I’m not mistaken that’s around the same size motors the race boats run (like at the Regatta), but they’re small boats.

Probably a pretty creative linkage in order to turn 8 motors at once, though. How would you hold the wheel full throttle and turn?

I don’t think you wanna turn at 300 MPH? :nuts: !!!

outboards are either 2stroke or 4stroke, yes those are 250 HP each.

oh and i love waterskiing/wakeboarding :smiley:

Same here. Haven’t done it in a long time. Since my mom sold her boat.

I thought they did away with 2stroke outboards in the past few years?

300 on water would be nuts

a 100 on water is crazy especially on a jet ski have done it a few times there is alot of pressure trying to pull you off

and those are 250hp each

no they just talked about it…idk if it will happen

thats crazy…

2000HP is quite a bit to have on the water. 300mph on that boat, i don’t know about that one. race boats don’t even touch those speeds and that thing is far from aerodynamic. think about what would happen if you hit a decent sized wave going 300mph on the water. i’ve gone 80mph on a waverunner and hit a wake, flew quite a ways. i’ve gone 50mph in a mastercraft and hit a wake, that was rough as well.

300 in the middle of the sea in open water is a different story, have u ever bee non a cruise or in the straight up middle of the ocean? There are no waves so 300+ is quit possible smoothly…

no way could that boat do 300…