overheating in the rain

hey guys, today it was raining hard and i was stuck in traffic and my car overheated, wtf, i think it might be cause i removed the fan shroud, but i’ve done that quite a long time ago and nothing seemed to happen until now, all i’ve noticed from shroud removal is that it helps air flow when your driving, but makes you overheat when not moving, could it be the shroud that cause me to overheat or the humidity and the massive rain ?

humidity reduces the effectiveness of the rad but even though it’s tough conditions it shouldn’t overheat.

time to check your coolent mix, new fluid maybe. see what else is brokens.

Removing the shroud will make your clutch fan less effective.
The shroud is meant to direct the suction power of the the fan right through the radiator.
Without the shroud it’s sucking air from the left, right, top, and bottom of your rad.
If you stay with a clutch fan, i highly reccomend you put that shroud back on, if you go electric, find one that comes with a shroud like mounting system.

This is a ka or sr?

electric fans are shit

if anyone with an sr wants to put on clutch fan i have a fan shroud for one for sale

why would you remove the shroud?

If you need more room in the bay area there, then get an electric fan WITH a shroud from the junkers (stanza, pulsar etc all ave elecfans that fit the 240sx)

Shrouds are the best yo1

the shroud is mainly meant for when you are not moving right ? it just directs the air onto the rad tahts being sucked by the fan. when you are driving the wind cools the rad anyway and the shroud/fan are pretty much useless am i correct ?

Koguchi says the best way to cool an S13 is with the stock clutch fan + shroud 8)