clutch fan

thinking of getting the OEM clutch fan along with my stock rad and low-profile dual e-fan. My question is, will the clutch fan add any improvement in my cooling capabilities? if so, do I have to use the shroud in order to be more effective?

Even in this weather, my sr20det tends to overheat and I need new ways to improving cooling. I don’t want to get a better radiator cause it’s too much $$$ so I’m exploring other ideas…any suggestions?

shrouding and ducting is extremely important… esp. with a stock rad

i dont see the point of running the clutch fan alongside electric fans…

just get the shroud and maybe buy or make cooling plates above and below the radiator to force air through…

also, if you still have the a/c condensor but are not using a/c, consider pulling it out.

so those cooling plates really do make a difference
now the question is, where can I get them?
I looked on ebay and found ARC makes them but they’re like $123…way too expensive for a piece of metal

w
If you are over heating then odds are the rad you have no is toast. Lots of people run stock rads with the AC fan as their “electric fan” and never have over heating issues… (unlses they beat the shit out of it on the track) but daily driving, it shouldnt be an issue.

Myself, I run an S14 rad (which is slightly bigger then the S13) with the AC fan and I’ve never ever once over heated.

I’m going to take out the AC unit cause I don’t use it, but thanks for the heads up on the rad condition. Is there anyway that I can know for sure that the rad is in fact toast?

thinking of getting the OEM clutch fan along with my stock rad and low-profile dual e-fan. My question is, will the clutch fan add any improvement in my cooling capabilities? if so, do I have to use the shroud in order to be more effective?

Even in this weather, my sr20det tends to overheat and I need new ways to improving cooling. I don’t want to get a better radiator cause it’s too much $$$ so I’m exploring other ideas…any suggestions?

shrouding and ducting is extremely important… esp. with a stock rad

i dont see the point of running the clutch fan alongside electric fans…

just get the shroud and maybe buy or make cooling plates above and below the radiator to force air through…

also, if you still have the a/c condensor but are not using a/c, consider pulling it out.

so those cooling plates really do make a difference
now the question is, where can I get them?
I looked on ebay and found ARC makes them but they’re like $123…way too expensive for a piece of metal

w
If you are over heating then odds are the rad you have no is toast. Lots of people run stock rads with the AC fan as their “electric fan” and never have over heating issues… (unlses they beat the shit out of it on the track) but daily driving, it shouldnt be an issue.

Myself, I run an S14 rad (which is slightly bigger then the S13) with the AC fan and I’ve never ever once over heated.

I’m going to take out the AC unit cause I don’t use it, but thanks for the heads up on the rad condition. Is there anyway that I can know for sure that the rad is in fact toast?