Painting calipers

My calipers and drums are yellow rite now and extremely gay cuz thats how it was when I bought it I wanna paint them black…how long does it need to sit after I put the paint on and should I do multiple coats?

Depends upon what you use I would think. Do you have the paint? This is supposedly a really easy kit to use, http://g2usa.com/brake_caliper_paint.shtml and it’s not spray on, self levels. I think my friend let hers sit over night before she put them back on…

I here G2 is supposed to be good paint, I’m use that to redo my calipers black

I think the paint has to sit for 24hrs, 2hrs before you should put the wheels back on

im going to be useing this soon, i cant decide what to use… car is black and the stock rt wheels are gloss black now… should i paint calipers black , silver, or Red? many say red, some say silver to match the stripes

not red,do silver

i just did mine.ill have pics and a post up later 2night.wonder what color i chose

i did mine red with the duplicolor caliper paint and i let my sit till they were dry to the touch maybe 45 mins then drove around rest of the day no problems looks great still 3 months later

wtf is that in your sig?

celica

LOL yeah it’s a Celica :slight_smile:

Can you do around your rotors with the caliper paint, too? Obviously not where the pads come in contact with the rotor but around that.

my wheels are very open and my brakes are in pretty good condition and free of rust but it’s still not good enough