Caliper's painted, what do you think?

Hey guys what’s up.

Well I finally painted my 4pots so I can get them put on along with my rotor’s.

Now true it does’nt take much skill to do this but it was my first time, Im not the greatest painter, and I just wanted to know what you guys think.

I still have a couple of touch up’s to do but over all Im actually quite pleased with how they turned out.

First I wet sanded them to get rid of the brake dust and just smooth them out. Then I used a can of VHT Caliper paint from Crappy Tire.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/555000-555999/555650_70_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/555000-555999/555650_71_full.jpg

Well thanks for your thoughts everyone and take care.

Easy 8)

Kinda hard to tell how good quality of a paint job you did from those pics.

Take some high res/closeup/well lighted shots :fingersx:

I’ll be doing mine soon. Obviously going to be painted gold to stick with
the whole Goldtop theme. ( IBricer :squintfinger: )

Yeah I know. Stupid 1 mega pixel camera. :x

Oh well what ya gona do.

Easy 8)

Buy my 3.2MP camera for dirt cheap? :dunno:

(I forget what I was selling it for but I think it was like $175 with 152MB in memory cards - 8, 16, 128)

All my pics on my site were with this camera. Well, 90% of the pics at least.

Well with another baby on the way, there’s no way I can waste money on a better camera. The one Im using is built in to my Mini DV camcorder and most of the time the pic’s turn out pretty good.

Plus the next digi cam I buy I also want it to take video too. So untill then I’ll make due with the one I have.

Now back to the caliper’s. :smiley:

Easy 8)

OMG what the hell is that? That is the worst paint job I have ever seen!.. Ever! … :lol:

Just joking bro , it looks prety good from what I see. I was trying to picture them in white and the letters in black, but now that I think about it I think it’s better you did them that way. Black doesn’t show the brake dust as much as white does. Good job dude :thumright: . This summer I will paint mine red with silver letters when I get the chance.

:ugh:

Looks good bruce…

White with black letters will turn into grey with black letters within a week.
You shall be owned by brake dust.

Not so long as you clean them every week or so.

I’m sure my gold calipers will suffer from this but meh.

Looks good, it’s what i would of done if i got the 4 pot calipers!

Gonad, you know that we know that you know gold calipers are rice. :smiley: *ducks

Hey thanks for the praise guys.

I was going to accent the NISSAN symbol in either a nice florisent green or metalic purple but, I decided against it. I will figure later on what accent’s I do want after I have my car repainted. NO I am not going rice but a little accenting is fine. My plan is to have my car clean and under the radar so to speak.

Again though, thanks for the compliments.

Have a good one.

Easy 8)

Bobby Boo did my calipers. Black with a silverish lettering. They look even better in person.
Now all i need is a car to put them on.

i nominate my car. :lol:

Im sticking with a theme. Gold. Don’t ask why (well cuz my car is ‘gold’

• technically Sandstone Beige Metallic), and I know it’s rice, but
    my car is far from it so :stuck_out_tongue:

you guys are going about it all wrong

best color scheme by far is hot pink with lime green lettering!