caliper painting rice or not?

ok me and Jordons Pontiac have been discussing this and he thinks its ricey to paint ur calipers.i dont seeing that alot of the big brake kits come with the calipers already a color (black,red,gold,) and mine are kinda dull looking so vote up bitches and lets see whos right.here is what my calipers look like now.i plan on painting them red when i change to my summer wheels

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/771000-771999/771618_7_full.jpg

rice

if you imitate something you don’t have, it’s ricey. If you bought a big brake kit that was painted it would not be ricey, but since you’re rocking stock brakes, painting them to look like a big brake kit is rice.

i think the red would be a little ricey… but a black might look ok.

Rice if ya ask me does it make you faster no. ok nuff said my 2 cents.

i think a black or a silver would be ok, it just cleans up the car a little bit ifyou have wheels and can see the caliper. since most calipers are rusty i think it looks decent

like 77 redneck said. if it doenst come like that. leave it. my SRT had red painted calipers from the factory. so i left them that way. always cleaned them so they stayed nice 14K later they were still red.

I say paint them black…wont stick out too much and look like rice, but will add good detail to your ride.

I agree. It’s not rice unless you paint them yellow, lime green, purple, etc.

lol my friend painted his calipers and drums lime green on his camrey :rofl:

ps makin another poll on what color to paint them

i don’t think that’s rice… i’m thinkin of painting calipers also
probably red

i have mine red on the jetta, i think it looks better then being all shitty looking. If I were you I would just hit those with a wire wheel and get a lil polish to them. that will probably look the best

Z32 calipers come red from the factory in japan.

Paint them an non-obnoxious color and it will just help to clean up the appearance a bit.

On a related note, I’m pretty sure that rim in your pic qualifies as rice. :smiley:

Mine are blue :rolleyes:

black or gunmetal…

i like that look…
i personally was thinking of painting mine black, just so they look better. if not black then red or silver. leaning towards silver

paint them all black, and then sand off the tops of the raised NISSAN letters so they’re metallic.

gearhead did that for some kids NA 300ZX a while back and it looked nice. Although I think he used red paint.

lol i dont have them no more hahaha

ya i planed on sanding the nissan logo

Semi-related to this thread…dude who lives next to me has a red lowered Jetta with big red “Porsche” calipers (sitting on some big slotted/drilled disks). They look real good. Is swapping to Porsche brakes common on VWs?