Pedal Assembly Info

Okay, I just recently aquired a swapped car. Owner had no idea about the car as he bought it last year and never plated it, drove it or anything.

It’s a S14 with an S14 SR (thanks Bing)

I believe the car used to be an automatic as there’s something funny going on with the pedal assembly.

The gas pedal sits really really high up making heel and toe and just regular driving a real pain in the ass. The clutch and brake pedal feel to be in the right spot. Pedals also seem to over to the right a tad too much.

Could this be a JDM pedal assembly? Or could it be a auto gas pedal with a manual gas and brake pedal?

Thanks!

My car used to automatic also. I didnt want the abs hooked up with the swap and ever since the brake pedal sits lower than it used to. Heel toe rev matching is a little tougher because of this. But what ever I learned to deal with it. I dont think its the gas pedal sitting higher.

Don’t heel-toe, just use the ball of the foot for the brake, and the pinky toe for the gas pedal. I can’t heel-toe properly anyways in my comfortable seating position because my leg hits the steering column. lol

Also, does the brake pedal look to have been cut in half? Another thing to confirm if its a 5 spd. swap is to check your instrument panel for an “O/D Light”. I have one on my S13, not sure if the S14’s have’em on the right side of the steering column beside the hazard light switch.

If you want to confirm that your car was originally auto, look at the 7th digit in your Model Identifying Number, 18 digit underneath your VIN in the engine bay. If it’s an ‘F’ it was a 5 Speed, if its an ‘A’ then it was automatic.

^Completely forgot about that, good post.
+1

That’s how i drive dude. the pedal is lower than the gas pedal making hard braking while revving a problem.

also, cluster has been swapped for a JDM one with no auto lights.

Thanks, I appreciate that very much!

Just gotta figure out a way to raise the pedal back up…though, ABS has been disabled, that could be a problem.

Oh, I’m running R32 GTR brakes in the front as well so I may have to check the master cyclinder.