Penzoil Syncromesh vs. GM Syncromesh

Anyone use the penzoil syncromesh? Its about $5 compared to GM’s $16 a quart and they swear it meets warantee and performance requirements as GM 12345349 part number but its not the same fluid. Anyone had any good luck with it?

ive always used either royal purple or GM syncro mesh

stinkromesh is the bomb. The royal purple stuff is very slick stuff, so if your syncros dont like life now, dont use the royal purple stuff they will take alot longer to speed match for a smooth shift.

My VW trans syncros are shitty and dont slow down very good at all, so I like running the heavery syncromesh stuff for slightly smoother shifts. When i tried royal purple in it they ground like a mother fucker becasue the friction for the syncro surfaces just wasnt there to allow them to slow down and match speeds.

I used penzoil syncromesh . Worked wonders on my my trans

I’ve always had great luck with the gm shit in hondas. I tried the penzoil shit in the cobra and it seemed fine. Id bet penzoil makes the shit for gm. Do you really think gm makes its own fluid?

I use it all the time because it works great and its easy to get.

Yea the penzoil works just fine

shell makes it for them .

appreciate all the responces, sounds like the only difference is gm’s outragous douchbag price. Ill give it a try. Thanks

gm,s does hold up a lot longer man as it was origanlly designed for the t/cases on the 2500 trucks so it has a lot of additives others dont

the gm stuff has always seemed real smooth but i change fluids often so ill give the penzoil a shot and if anything seems sketchy ill switch back.

there ya go , i also have b-g products version of all that and it smokes all the above its 10 or 13 a qt let me know if ya wanna try that

cool man ill keep that in mind for sure.