People who know economics and public policy ITT

Unfortunetly a big part of why our domestic economy functions the way it does and the global market work the way it does is America’s ability to project it’s influence as a global super power. While I don’t agree with much of the policy and I don’t feel that our military should be used as it is we can’t simply slash military spending and put the money elsewher and expect no repercussion.

It’s all a matter of opinion, but I think much of the spending on social welfare programs is more distrubing then our defense budget. Heck while were on the topic anybody else feel that politicians are over paid as a whole?

theres so much spending that is not justified by the people. well maybe a few people but not the people as a whole that i dont agree with.

i am sure you guys dont either.

they spend to make profit for themselves and their friends. thats politics. if they can say oo its going to help us to use this product that my friend makes lets buy all of them. thats steering the tax payers to pay for a product that that politican is profiting from. this happens all the time.

people profit from war. people profit from tax payers. people profit illegally in our political groups. but instead of throwing them in jail we will enslave our people the 99%. lets stop the corrupt politicans that effect our lives in a negitive way

exactly, this is actually one of the reasons that they would propose the vat and pass it, to create more govt jobs/avoid cutting existing jobs, no different than the national firearms act, after prohibition ended they had very little for the majority of atf agents to do, so rather than downsizing the ATF they passed legislation that would give them a new task. not to mention the increase in revenue.

x2

There is always going to be too much spent on the Military, until the day we really need it…