People With Money In the Market

i actually made $1000 back today… BWLD and STI kicked some serious ass for me.

DANBURY, Conn., January 23, 2008 – Praxair, Inc. (NYSE: PX) reported record sales and earnings in the fourth quarter and full year of 2007. Fourth-quarter and full-year diluted earnings per share grew 20% and 21% to 98 cents and $3.62, respectively.

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Steve Angel said, “…The 25% increase in our dividend which we announced this morning, demonstrates our confidence in our ability to continue to grow free cash flow throughout the economic cycle.”

Come on Praxair stock! Fucking down 20 dollars in a week my ass…

Oh snaps son thats a serious hit. I dont know wtf is going on here but mine have gone up a ton in the last few days. I am no longer considering emo as a lifestyle.

Yeah, but it just spiked to over 90 from the low 80’s over the last month or so. It’s dancing with $80 again today. Should be all good. We had a hell of a year. 2005 sales - 6.6 billion, 2006 sales - 7.6 billion, 2007 sales - 9.5 billion. Weeee!

Im just here to complain some more. Thanks for listening. I feel better now.

quitcherbitchin

I have stocks just to say I do, I got them when they were cheap.

I dont touch them or move money. They just sit there. and when I desperately need money i will sell them.

When I really get into the market when I ahve money to play with, is when Ill get a real handle on thigns.

right now its just for the novlety of saying, I HAVE STOCKS!d

NO!!!:baby:

HAHAHA thats sweet but i know other who do that for sure. I have two accounts and one of the is managed by a professional and i dont plan on using it for many years. I check it aout once a month. The other i manage and is money i for sure dont need as of right now but i would like things to start going up rather then down as i plan to buy another car and a house in the next six months and will be taking some out of this account. Besides who likes watching it go down anyhow?

401K is down 10% :frowning: :tdown: (or part of it, I should say)

I would like to retract my session of tadays bitching. One of my stocks went up almost over 8% in the last few minutes. Stay tuned for tomorrow bitching session.

I’m glad I dont invest in stocks

Im glad i do invest in stocks. As long as you invest in something like real estate or business i guess you could be ok. But taking advantage of letting money grow over many years in some good long term stocks and mutuals will make alot of money over time. The thread is just for the sake of bitching im sure many of us have made much more then we have lost overall and are very happy with our portfolio. Its just natural that you bitch when it is going down kinda like a joke, not very serious. BTW this counts as todays bitching.

I have become a real estate believer although this is the worst time ever to be in real estate.
At least with real estate you always have something to enjoy.
If the value goes up then great but if it doesn’t you can still enjoy your home and it’s tax advantages.
If you own stocks and you die in a year or two what did you get to enjoy, a piece of paper?:slight_smile:

word, all of my stocks have been on a nice upwards trend in the last 2 months :tup:

funny thing is two of them are TV related that should have been dying with the writers strike. Now that that shit is coming to an end they are increasing rapidly :tup: :tup:

Diversity is the name of the game but im sure i dont need to tell you that you old cynical republican lol.

Fucking bastard i bought into some communications stuff since comms is way down and im going to hold it untill communications stuff starts to come back. Hell most of my stuff has done horrible the last two months but i have one stock up about 70% that is kinda keeping my overall numbers looking good.

The market popped again today but only because of short term relief from the Fed. Now(next couple months) is an excellent time to buy and add to your positions especially your long term holdings.

If possible continue or start to dollar cost average into your IRA’s, 401k’s etc. You will pick up a lot of extra shares in the long run. This is also a good time to reinvest your dividends to pick up extra shares.

In a general addition to the thread (even though it is somewhat old) stocks or interests in excellent companies is an excellent way to build wealth and the easiest way to do so unless you prefer your own business, or real estate etc.

Contrary to what most people think more people become rich because of a bear or bad market as apposed to a bull or good market…5 years later.

Start today and you will thank yourself for an early retirement.

Yeppers i have been putting a ton in the last month and will keep doing so. I am for sure trying to take advantage of the bear market.

shit that reminds me.

So is this good?
http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/11/markets/markets_afternoon/index.htm?eref=rss_topstories