Performance Chip

eh wud up guys, question

ah i no the best chip out there is the revo , well i dont got that kind of money at the moment , this iteam seems shit but wut do u guys think about it, its off ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20HP-POWER-PERFORMANCE-CHIP-NISSAN-240SX-240-SX_W0QQitemZ200088176233QQcategoryZ33597QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

*20hp chip

ez

Dont Trust that Crappers, Ive heard stories that it doesnt work and its just a waste of time, ive also heard its far from 20 hp more like 2hp.

they just put a resister in the air flow sensor i believe… Basically tells the computer colder air is coming in so dump more fuel in. And well most of us will know thats not exactly good. and if it did work it would be more like 1hp… Its just a resistor, and well u can go to The Source and buy 100’s of them for a dollar. Il tell u now that guy is making a nice clean profit on anyone who buys it lol

I don’t think they make the revo for a nissan, i was looking it up a while ago. Does any one know a good chip other then the revo, or a good place to buy one?

I got one on ebay a while back. So yes, they do make it for a Nissan. When I was still running a Stock KA with intake, and exhaust, i definitely felt a difference with the chip. It’s a lot more noticable at higher rpms. At around… 4500+, you really start to feel the pull.

lmao mark ur too funny. These chips only make ur car run richer…

So than would’nt getting new and higher cc injectors do the same thing?

if u got higher cc injectors ur car would still run at a stock amount of cc…

when u get bigger injectors u need to get it tuned so the ECU understands that it can flow more fuel. It only flows a certain amount depending on ur RPM and how much ur foot is on the gas. Its all tuning…

all this chip does, is at each RPM is tricks the computer into thinking it needs to dump more fuel into the cylinders…simple really

Actually if you put larger cc injectors in it WOULD put in more fuel. The ecu only turns injectors on and off for specific amounts of time to correspond with the required fuel.
The ECU only ‘knows’ what the stock injector fuel flow rate is because that’s what was programmed into it from the factory, so it knows if it opens a 370cc injector for 1 second it has flowed 6.2ccs of fuel.

If you double the flow rate of the injector (740cc/min) and the computer opens the injector for 1 second then you’ll put in twice as much fuel in that one second… 12.3cc

When it’s using the O2 sensor to try and maintain emissions it can only move a bit in each direction and won’t handle any major change.

this thread is embarassing.

i’m surprised no one locked it before…

stay away from that ‘chip’… it is 100% uselss. instead, you should get those spinny tornado things for your intake, they give you like 50whp and even more torque.