Performance parts for a probe?

Are there any parts that are really worth buying for a probe? I dont know what im going to do with it yet…I was thinking of moding it alittle eventually. dont have any money to right now but I wanna do some research. I know small shit like intake, exhast…shit like that…but imean as far as like cam, lifters, pistons blah blah. Is there anywhere or does anybody know of any sites where they have such things? I was on probetalk but that site sucks balls.

take whatever money you wanted to spend on upgrades and put it away toward a new car, youll thank yourself later…

lol…I was thinking that…I really want a 3rd Gen Trans Am GTA 350 TPI, black, black interior and MUST be t-tops. preferably a 5 speed.

If I do anything to the probe it will just be the essentials…needs some brake parts and small shit…nothing too bad…but I duno. I kinda like how it handles in the snow…with the winterforce tires its a beast. I may finish fixing it up and keep it around as a winter car, runs great and has amazing heat.

i have a 03 svt focus and the only way i will upgrade anything is if it’s ness. or it rotts off.

If its not the car you’ve wanted, don’t waste money on un-needed upgrades. There are good parts available for probes, just ask D-Drop or Adictd2b00st. But like any car project, once you start down the path of upgrades, its hard not to continue. Save as much money as you can to get yourself that TA in a year or two.

I’ve got an 05 Cobalt that every once in awhile I’ve though about buying a few things for, but then I remind myself that 1) its a lease and I don’t need the hassle, and 2) its just my DD and I could care less how it handles or how fast it goes, as long as it works.

I dont even care about being th fastest…imean i want a quick car…im goal for the imediate future is a 13 sec car…which sint slow…but i love trans ams…they are hella sexy. and ttops are the best.

“3rd Gen Trans Am GTA 350 TPI, black, black interior and MUST be t-tops. preferably a 5 speed.”

That right there is a hard combo to come by,wont be cheap.

Just drive the turblo probe and enjoy it. That is pretty much what I’m doing with mine. If anything get it chipped and up the boost a bit. With some exhaust work it will definatly open up the mid-range and should be quite fun to drive.

If anything fix the suspension first. :slight_smile:

Or like the others said put it together and sell it to some kid that thinks turbos = fast. :tup:

That is a combination that never existed. Couldn’t get the 350 TPI with a T5, only the 700r4

really? i did not know that…damn lol…doesnt matter. If i get a trans am i would eventually like to do a motor swap, throw in a crate motor. key word being eventually. if i ever get enough $$ and actually learn how to save id like to throw in a 383. go big or go home right lol. ill eventually roll with the big boys. but for now id be happy with a stock ta. nice cruizing cars.

back on probe topic, yeah i gota fix the suspention and brakes. only place i saw exhast for a probe was in summit…it wasnt too expensive, headers back was like $270 or something.

get a job first, somebody else besides me tell him that he needs a job before he does anything else with his life.

i dunno what his financial situation is right now, but heres the way it should work:
good job with steady income, then buy and/or pay off the car first, save enough money so if something happens, u have something to fall back on, then pay the bills, then whatever you have lift over can go into your car. if it takes u 4 years or whatever, then so be it. all i gotta say is that car is gonna look nice when the debt collectors come to your house. o yeah and i really oughtta follow y own advice haha

what motor is in your probe? if its the 2.0 there are a lot of parts out there for it

pretty much anything that will fit on a 2003 mazdaspeed protege will fit on your car

some parts from the protege5’s also

I’m assuming it’s the turbo car - but if it’s the vulcan 3.0, there are quite a few “free mods” available, and the engine is pretty stout.

you are right jay. The T5 couldn’t handle the TQ from the 350 so GM decided to save tehm selves on warranty costs and make it an auto exclusive. THe Formila 350 will walk a GTA cause it’s ~ 200-300 Lbs lighter. But the GTA’s look cool with the ground FX and cross-laced wheels. I personally love the 91 and 92s, and you hardly see any around.

As far as the anal probe… Waht year/motor is it? Probably not a huge market for them so stuff will likely be expensive. Here’s a link to a modded 91 Probe…

http://www.harborside.com/~lhumbert/probepg.html

Actually its my favorite probe :slight_smile:

its a 92 with a 2.2 turbo. I didint say I’m going to do anytying…just woundering what can be done…and J, yeah I know i need a jb before I do anything…I was mearly eeing if there was anything that could be done thats worth it at all.

seen this site yet? http://www.rr-racing.com/

That site only specializes in the v6 PGTs. Not the turbo ones. :frowning:

yea the 2.2 is the same block as the FS-DE engines in the protege’s…they are 2.0 DOHC though

but…you can use a lot of the things

if you want to PM me i can set you up with some companies to check out. I used to run a store that sold protege parts so the suppliers i used can set ya up

ddrop boosted his probe that has that mazda engine in it…pm him