Picked up a new bike today

Corey, Trek = Gary Fisher??

I don’t like poor people

yeah I have noticed that the branding on a lot of their components are both Bontrager(which used to only be trek), maybe they merged or Trek bought out Gary Fisher or something.

Trek owns Gary Fisher

Are there any tween bikes that can go fast on roads and do OK offroad? Or are you sacrificing too much with those models?

edit: also.

If i buy this, will anyone ride it with me?

http://shop.devercycles.co.uk/images/prod_1047.jpg

Zong, I’m going to be shopping around for a MTB soon (shoulder has put off my plans by 2 weeks, blegh). You can join me on my adventure if you want to look around at different shops.

Trek bought Gary Fisher, but I’ve been told that Gary Fisher still has some autonomy with the design of their bikes. Notably, the genesis geometry.

I have a tandem bike at my house in LI

They’re called hybrids and I would say yeah you’re sacrificing too much

big issue is tires. you want some nice stuby tires for off-road, but those will be a chore to pedal on pavement. Adjustable shocks can be stiffened up(lol) to ride on streets though.

cannondale and specialized are both really good bikes to get… trek… meh… youre paying for a name… if you can find an older gary fisher, then pick it up.

and yes… used is the way to go. check craigslist or pawn shops. just go talk to a bike shop first to get your ideas from them on whats good to get, and go find it… cheaper