Pipemaster worth it when doing cage work?

lemme hear your thoughts! I think it is worth it.

Lol. when you said pipemaster, i thought you were talking Guffy

Steve, I seen your welds the Pipemaster 2000 is not going to help you!
j/k lol

measure and use ole joint jigger even if you buy one from harbor freight and center the bit will work well

no need for it. the joint jigger or a mill with a vise is all you need.

depending on the price it wouldnt be bad to have around. this way you get the best fit possible and not have alot of extra fill

no

Whynot? Good pipe notchers are alot of money, plus you need a pretty nice drill press that not alot of people have, I dont mean to use on everyday production of cages in a business setting but as a tool in you average joe’s toolbox.

HF 40-50 bucks works fine. just have to tweak it worse case scenario. trust me coping with grinder sucks

yeah! well i thought they were over 100 bucks, didint realize HF sales them!

At the H-F prices, you use the thing five times it’s already paid for itself! Do you plan on doing cage work for people? If you do, get good and comfy with the rule sets for various organizations.

I don’t really plan on doing cages, I just want to be able to do mine right and maybe a few others from time to time.

I will be sure to get a rulebook and complete mine with the intent on getting it certified…hopefully!

Good pipe notchers are a lot of money. Shitty ones are not as much. You don’t need a nice drill press or even one at all. Only a drill and a vice. I have one of those god forsaken tools. They only get you in the ball park and you need a scrap piece of pipe just shorter than the tube your fabbing. Eyeballing it and using a notcher goes much nicer.

I’ve got a set of pipemasters and they work good. All you have to do is use two scraps of pipe and a chunk of angle to make a “dummy” pipe and tack the scraps in. You can find the direction on the pipemaster website