pissed

people are beat… i hate how everyone finds a small way to piss me off daily.

anyway… latest bullshit deals with shipping.

i mean, i know that shipping larger shit sucks… obviously lifitng heavy shit and moving it around if a pain in the ass… thus high ass shipping charges.

now… why exactly is something that has the dimensions of something large, yet is insanely light, directly associated with a weight and the price of that weight, i.e. fucking me over.

situation: order a valence from my little mailbox / railroad tie get together… valence weighs all of 5 lbs… it’s about 4 feet by 4 inches… it costs $99.86 to ship, because it’s the equivalent to a 75lbs package. …

someone explain the logic to this… i mean, it’s not like it’s based on truck space, it’s based on weight, so how does something that’s 4’ x 4" equate to something 75lbs?

and it’s not like i’m asking some dude to toss this in the back of his truck… we’re using a ‘shipping service’… you know, the entire company is based on shipping shit… so i don’t see why there would be a problem, ‘finding room on the truck’. i just don’t believe that shipping a transmission and a front valence equal eachother…

fucking assholes.

/rant

:mrT:

WOW, that fucking sucks.

I second that

well i should mention that i’m not really paying for it… the insurance comp is covering it… just fucking retarded and that’s $99 that could be going to my deductable rather than $99 on shipping, so i shouldn’t bitch, but i’m usually pissed off anyway :finger:… some shit just doesn’t make sense.

this is the reason I could not sell my valence, nobody wanted to pay $120+ for shipping costs.

It is the DIM weight that screws you. Sometimes it works out in your favor, other times it doesn’t. Dim weight is like

(width X height)

or something like that.

i shipped the grille for my car, in a 5ft x1ft x 10in box @ 8lbs, insured for 250 for 20 bucks.

shipping shit sucks

because of the smell

something doesnt sound right about that …