Pistol Shrimp-Not to be fucked with.

kewl, but I’m not believing the tagline:

Pistol shrimp blowing a blast of water a speed of 100km/h with temp 9900C

I had no idea a cold-blooded animal could heat something up hotter than the surface of the Sun. (~6000C)

well that’s just nuts

the temp of the sun…thats badass

Snapping effect

The pistol shrimp snaps a specialized claw shut to create a cavitation wave that generates noise in excess of 180 to 200 decibels relative to 1 μPa at a distance of 1 m, and is capable of killing small fish [7][8][9]. The snap can also produce sonoluminescence from a collapsing bubble, also known as cavitation bubble [10]. The heat generated by the snap exceeds more than 114 degrees Fahrenheit. The light is of lower intensity than the light produced by typical sonoluminescence and is not visible to the naked eye. It is most likely a by-product of the shock wave with no biological significance. However, it is the first known instance of an animal producing light by this effect.

From… Alpheidae - Wikipedia

Not quite as hot as the sun, but pretty cool nonetheless.

45C, 9900C…

Close enough for youtube, I guess.

video is wrong in many ways.
Pistol are Reef safe and pretty safe for any animal. they are scavengers and dont kill very often. I would bet the divers killed that shrimp and it took it or found a dead one.
I have a Tiger pistol in my reef tank and never bothers my cleaner shrimp…Its always snapping its claw when someone gets to close to its den. Its not very often they will kill something to eat it.

Snapping effect

The pistol shrimp snaps a specialized claw shut to create a cavitation wave that generates noise in excess of 180 to 200 decibels relative to 1 μPa at a distance of 1 m, and is capable of killing small fish [7][8][9]. The snap can also produce sonoluminescence from a collapsing bubble, also known as a cavitation bubble, in an instant of the cavitation bubble as it collapses, it reaches the temperature of the sun

got that from wikipedia

haha. not to be fucked with, indeed

And this was from wikipedia, as well, before yours:

Wiki’s a great source of generic info, but it can’t really be said to be completely accurate. When I looked, between those posts, there was no mention of temperature at all. I don’t know which, if any, of these are the truth, but I would think that something at over 150% of the sun’s surface temperature would really be incredible. And probably seriously dangerous.