Gun totting shrimp

watch as a shrimp fires shots consisting of bubbles that stun its prey.The bubbles burst so fast they reach unbelievable temperatures

wtf… im gunna stay inside where its nice and safe.:frowning:
stupid gun toting shrimp. they need to get a job!!!

very cool!

[quote=“turbociv,post:2,topic:30627"”]

wtf… im gunna stay inside where its nice and safe.:frowning:
stupid gun toting shrimp. they need to get a job!!!

[/quote]

ROFL

*toting

Boom headshot!

damn. pretty siqq shit right htere.

thats one nasty shrimp. video was annoying with the stupid gun sounds they over dubbed.

“Temporarily reaches the temperature of the sun…”

mmmhmmm, i bet.

still pretty cool tho

im as hot as the sun :wink:

[quote=“Clean Baldy,post:9,topic:30627"”]

“Temporarily reaches the temperature of the sun…” mmmhmmm, i bet.

[/quote]

Dont know, It was on the Discovery channel once and it said the same

mmmhmmm, i bet.

still pretty cool tho

[/quote]

Go back to the ukrane you fucking communist

The snapping shrimp competes with much larger animals, like the sperm whale and beluga whale, for the title of ‘loudest animal in the sea’. The shrimp snaps a specialized claw shut to create a cavitation wave that generates acoustic pressures of up to 80 kPa at a distance of 4 cm from the claw. The pressure wave is strong enough to kill small fish [7]. It corresponds to a zero to peak pressure level of 218 decibels relative to one micropascal (dB re 1 μPa), equivalent to a zero to peak source level of 190 dB re 1 μPa at the standard reference distance of 1 m. Au and Banks measured peak to peak source levels between 185 and 190 dB re 1 μPa at 1 m, depending on the size of the claw.[8] Similar values are reported by Ferguson and Cleary. [9]. The duration of the click is less than 1 millisecond.
The snap can also produce sonoluminescence from a collapsing bubble, also known as a cavitation bubble. As it collapses, the cavitation bubble reaches the surface temperature of the Sun [10]. The light is of lower intensity than the light produced by typical sonoluminescence and is not visible to the naked eye. It is most likely a by-product of the shock wave with no biological significance. However, it is the first known instance of an animal producing light by this effect.

mmmhmmm, i bet.

still pretty cool tho

[/quote]

10 thousand degrees F isn’t that hard to believe.

These shrimp are awesome.

that’s pretty cool!