Pitt Race

I was at the old Beaver Run now Pitt race this past weekend racing with NASA. I dont know what is was like when when it was Beaver run, but its now a real nice facility. They have a real nice paved paddock area/new bathrooms, nice clubhouse and they are expanding the track to be a 2.7 mile course. They are basically adding another track then repaving & making improvements to the old track. They are hoping that the new track construction to be complete by next summer. Should be a great track and only about 3 hrs away.

Anyway it was my first time to the track and had a great time, got two wins in my class as well. Here is a video from Sundays race. I was trying to hold off the black firebird most of the race, hes in the passenger side view mirror in most of the video.

:tup:

Was that a 3 wide standing start?

Nice! Going to be there at the end of June for an event myself and even though I wasn’t there when it was Beaver Run I’ve heard they’ve made a ton of improvements.

There is only one “R” in the spelling of that track’s previous name.

How’s that brake wear?

Yep, 3 wide because there was only 3 in our class

Havent checked the pads but I didnt think it they would be that bad since the only real hard braking was going into the hairpin. Everything else on the track flows pretty nicely, you know through the balls down the shaft. The hairpin is a challenge in my car as it seems like I need a gear in between 2nd and 3rd. Dropping down to second gear I would have to delay getting on full throttle on exit to prevent wheel spin. Dropping to third the car just dies.

I was there maybe 10 years ago now. It was a cool facility then too :tup:

I had a blast racing there last summer… really fun track…

I also think we are on year 5 of the expansion being finished “next summer”