Plane crash in the Hudson River!! NYC

nicole :rofl.

its not about the geese nicole. lol

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/US/01/15/new.york.plane.crash/art.plane.pukelis.irpt.jpg

All of the passengers just hit the lottery.

I feel a class action lawsuit coming.

You can see it from MID TOWN Manhattan. I’ll see if the wifey can take photos. It missed the GW by “900ft”.

d00d wtf your sig pic is confusing as fuck.

Rofl @

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/2756/warng8.jpg

Vlad hahahahaha

people are quick on the chops man :rofl

If it was deemed an act of god, a class action lawsuit will more than likely not occur. But there are talks that someone has to be responsible somewhere. Is it the airlines responsibility to make sure that the geese aren’t around? I also heard that it IS possible for PETA to sue the airlines for killing the geese. I say WTF? PETA gets $$$$ in a lawsuit because animals are killed? lawl

I think we should push those peta nutjobs off a bridge.
They go too far.

Anybody have vid of the plane’s landing?

You show me how exactly it is NOT about the geese, OKAY!?

I hit a family of geese in my car once. They all died. Car was fine tho.

You monster!

yeah i saw that on the news… thats crazy!

Pilot is getting his 15 minutes of fame now.

Well deserved.

And absolutely deserves every minute of it! It’s still a mystery as to how the plane stayed intack when it touched down and FAA officials said that for the pilot to bring that plane down into a body of water at that speed and NOT have the plane come apart is basically a million in one shot. The angle of approach is such a finite thing as you never know what the surface condition of the water is until your right there, and it’s typically too late to make any adjustments. Aircraft that hit water typically suffer far greater damage and casualties than those that come down belly fist onto runways/highways due to the physics involved with water and fast moving objects.

Pilot performed an amazing act of skill here, timing the correct moment and speed to drag the tail of the aircraft in the water and slow the plane down first rather than just crossing fingers and diving in belly first. My hat off to the crew and pilot for certain :slight_smile:

i heard the geese were hired by bin laden

For the record the impact was severe enough to rip both of the motors off the wings.

They are searching for the motors now.

And if he landed somewhat differently, this happens

e x a c t l y !