Planning on picking up a new TDI wagon this spring??

no your probably not, since its just another unreliable pos vw.

This was sent out to VW of A dealers today…

November 7, 2007

To: All Volkswagen Dealers

Subject: Clean Diesel TDI Launch

Dear Dealer,

I am writing to inform you that the North American introduction of the new Clean Diesel 2.0 li TDI for the Jetta Sedan and Wagon has been delayed from April 2008, to later summer 2008. We will remain the first volume brand offering Clean Diesel in the USA.

This situation is due to a technical issue that was found during the later stages of durability testing.

As disappointing as this is for all concerned, our fist priority is to ensure that the integrity and quality of the new technology is not compromised, so as to maintain a trouble free launch.

A new SOP date has been confirmed for July by engineering, and we will initiate our ordering activities i.e. launch cars, dealer orders, etc. in spring.
For image and competitive reasons, we are now working hard to bring early promotional cars into the Country in order to give you the chance to pre-sell the production arriving in October, during the Summer months. We will continue to promote Diesel through the Dieselution Tour, Jetta TDI Cup Series, and feature the technology as a part of our Brand Campaign in the first half of the year.

For reasons of our mutual profitability, we are investigating a number of actions to make up a portion of the TDI shortfall, such as but not limited to, obtaining additional production of high demand product, ramping up the launch production, and speeding up shipment times of the new TDI, bringing in special edition cars etc.

The launch of all other new models planned for 2008 are on time; Jetta Wagon, Tiguan, Passat Coupe, M-Van and Touareg 2 with V6 Clean Diesel TDI. With all of these new models coming into the market, and even with the delay of the new TDI, we are targeting to grow next year, and this delay will be discounted from the BPB objectives as we have always promised

We must now take advantage of the launches that are before us, and not let this set back to our growth strategy, cause us to lose focus on the turnaround that we have begun. We appreciate your understanding of the situation and will keep you apprised of any further developments as soon as they are available.

Yours sincerely,

Adrian Hallmark

wait passat coupe and tiguan? what are those?

[quote=“Viper966,post:2,topic:38485"”]

wait passat coupe and tiguan? what are those?

[/quote]

A 2 door passat and the mini-van I believe

really? a passat coupe having 2 dooors? OMGWTFBBQYTMND

…serously is it just an a5 rebadge or something else?

tiguan is a smaller touareg , not sure about the passat coupe

[quote=“Viper966,post:4,topic:38485"”]

really? a passat coupe having 2 dooors? OMGWTFBBQYTMND

…serously is it just an a5 rebadge or something else?

[/quote]

Actually I lied it’s a 4 door coupe(somehow?)

and a pic of the Tiguan

I’ll wait for the Accord diesel.

It won’t drive all…German. Ugh.

that tiguan pic makes it look A LOT likt sti headlights doesnt it

thought the same thing.

what the hell.

Stupid VW