MSRP: $21630 Base
MSRP: $22530 w/ Sunroof

2008 Volkswagen Jetta 4d Sdn 2.0T TDI SE AT
MSRP: $22705 Base
MSRP: $23605 w/ Sunroof

2008 Volkswagen Jetta 4d Sdn 2.0T TDI SEL
MSRP: $25465 Base
MSRP: $27215 w/ Navigation

It comes with a DSG tranny for the auto and a six speed. These were leaked out earlier today.

I have not heard anything about the wagon yet.

no wagon no care, and why dont they bring the awd over.

there will be a Wagon its going to be $1,000 more. There are no awd jetta TDIs

i thought they had a 4motion vw over seas…?

MPG?

A diesel version of the 2008 Jetta SportWagen will arrive in U.S. showrooms in January, equipped with a 2.0-liter clean diesel engine that makes 140 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque. It is mated to a six-speed DSG transmission. VW of America Spokesman Keith Price said the automaker is anticipating EPA numbers of 40 mpg in city driving and 60 mpg on the highway for the diesel SportWagen. The vehicle will be available in all 50 states, marking the first time a diesel Jetta will be available nationwide since 1999, he noted. The gas-engine Jetta Sportwagen will get a 2.5-liter inline-5 that makes 170 hp and 177 lb-ft of torque and is linked to a standard six-speed manual transmission or an optional five-speed automatic transmission.

I bet the car will have low 40s city and mid to high 40s Highway

40/60 nice.
I heard you can’t run bio-diesel in the new ones though.

why not? if made properly it shouldn’t make a difference

what about a diesel rabbit???

with a programer and injectors… mmmm quick and good mpg!

they are coming, just a little later. was told around feb. march from dealer

im torn between my hatred of VW and my hatred of gas prices / love of high MPG

+1 for the Sportwagen!

Looks like I’ve got a good candidate for my next car once I throw the Slo-balt out!

im in the same boat as jeff. and i gradeate school in 3 months and am toying with the idea of buying a new car.

hmm. mt w/sunroof, add navigation aftermarket and leather later. hmm

Diesel can be a pain in the ass though, engine block heater good :slight_smile:

In diesel form? Not that i know of

There are 4motion passats in the states, both in the sedan and wagon.

If they made a 4motion jetta wagon tdi i would probably kill a first born for it

Not the TDIs. Mine has yet to let me down in the winter. Sometimes I need to cycle the glow plugs twice. After that it fires up like it is 50 degrees out.

^ word on the coldest day of the winter with the car always outdoors I never had problem; a heater would be nice to help the heat come on faster

I think they do because I know a guy who talked about getting the parts from Germany to convert his to 4motion.

Agreed, pretty much the only thing stopping me from wanting a TDI is the lack of AWD.