Please support this guy and his suppliers

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2010/03/22/story8.html?b=1269230400^3047351

Cliffs: Company loses big orders to China, owner gets mad and opens a store that only sells products 100% made in the USA. It is right at the Maple Road exit of Rt400.

I have thought about this for years but I do not have a good location.

great idea, hope it pans out and doesnt lose him money

I send a great deal of customers over to him to have bigger hitches welded on their motorhomes. A standard hitch from the factory will have a towing weight of 5,000 lbs. They have the ability to well up to a 10,000 lb hitch on to most motorhomes for guys towing race cars and other heavy equipment. I hope this can improve his business with this, but I see this being a tough adventure for him. I think he may be putting all this money into a project that will be over run by cheaper/outsourced manufacturers.

I think the mentality of people these days isnt focused on whether products are being made in the US, but how cheap they can get it.

I was 10000000% going to do this and open one in Amherst. Probably stop in there in the next week or two

I just saw this store the other day and was like WTF?!? Ballsy move. his profit margin has to be lousy but hope it works for him.

Probably getting taxed out the ass by NY, because they care about local jobs. Good for him though, I always try and support local bands, companies and products.

It is probably not a huge investment for him because he is lucky enough to have a semi-decent location with an existing retail store. I really hope this catches on so I am spreading the word. :slight_smile:

:bigtup:

While the world is shifting towards an interwoven global economy that has world wide effects I am glad to see someone think local, regional and national. US can manufacture small goods still and we should.

Love the idea. Just wish he was closer. If he has a web presence I may have to look into it.

Wonder how many products are still 100% made in America

Cool!

I know a lot of the time, when large domestic customers order from us (NYSEG and the like), they require all materials and labor to be of domestic origin with proof and shit. (pressure expansion joints)
Totally cool yo.

Bump because maybe Obama will visit the store while he is in town. (Yeah, right.j/k lol)
Sounds like the store has been successful so far.:tup:

the owner is a friend of my family. good guy for sure. :tup: