police brutality?

For being such a city guy you sure don’t know shit.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09191/983081-100.stm

For those too lazy to click the link, the Public Works director resigned in July effective this Friday. I’m pretty sure he has been doing dick since the time he announced his resignation.

Also, he was in a pretty big spat with Ravenstahl over overtime pay and was suspended for it at some point last year.

Anyways, regarding the cops, I knew this was going to happen. I was told this was going to happen.

There were basically two choices the city felt it had. Be over aggressive and control everyone and everything they possible could during the G20, or take a chance and end up like Seattle.

Those chose the former, and were well aware of the consequences that would come from it.

They’d much rather have a bunch of hippies crying about their civil liberties being violated than have an issue because they were too lax on security and some nutjob got close to a foreign or domestic head of state.

They ruled with an iron fist, they were planning on it the whole time, and everyone associated with or that knows anyone even remotely well within the police department knew this was what was going to happen and that’s why those people stayed away.