proper pizza delivery tip amount

hoesntly i’ve notice that the higher the gas prices go the smaller my tips are. which is f"ed up . don’t make me drive your food to your house cuz you want to save gas buy not picking the damn pizza up if you not gonna atleast throw 3 bucks my way. but the worst tippers are the people at lunch time that work at business in and around RIDC park in robinson. i Hate takin pizzas to comcast it is the worst place for tips . i’m sorry i am bored and strung out from getting measly 30 cent tips .

keep this in mind delivers always remember the bad tippers . thats why it takes them to get so long to your house

i worked for voccelis and didnt make shit working in sewickley

i always go by 20% if im at a resturant or get something delivered.

so like $3 is good for a delivery?
i never know what to tip for delivery.

$3 is fine for a small order.

We tip usually 1 to 2 bucks per person ordering. And if you are a hot chick you get tipped more…lol

hahah its always been that way

The price of a gallon of 87 octane, or 15%, whichever is higher, is generally the minimum I tell people when they ask. Anything lower than that is treading on “asshole” territory. Good tips will net you better service as well. There are about fifteen regular customers who, if I see their name pop up in the food queue, I’ll take their delivery first, maybe take a coupon off their total, make sure their food looks perfect, etc… conversely, there are some habitual sixty-cent tippers whose food never see the inside of a hot bag (so their food is delivered room temp or colder), their food might spend some time “accidentally” upside-down on the way there, they might get bumped to the end of the run, etc… as with all service industries, a difference of a couple of dollars in gratuity makes a HELL of a difference.

if its a small order 25 or less . i mean basiaclly what you would tip a restarant. atleast 10% sometimes 15% . most people barely give me 10% sometimes. like some guy today at an office building gave me 15$ on a $12.47 order and asked for 2 bucks back . are u kidding me.I don’t get all crappy tips though. i think the largest tip i got so far was like 45 bucks on one delivery it was a bitch though . like 35 larges to fed-ex . this bussiness its like gambaling . u never know whats gonna happen or what u end up with in a day

I deliver for a restraunt and its great. It’s in the middle of the town and almost all of the the deliverys are within 1 mile at the most. So on a friday night I go through like 2 gallons of gas and get like 20-25 deliverys in which equals about 70-90$ in tips while only putting about 40miles on my car, and this is in only 6 hours in which they have delivery, I couldn’t ask for anymore. their’s actually quite a few deliverys that are soo close that I can walk them and those people always give me like 3-5 bucks. It’s sooo much better than deliverying for franchise places that make you take deliverys that are like 7 miles one way and your tip and commission ends up paying for your gas. Not to mention you end up running up 100+ miles a night on your car.

i give 5 bucks unless the order is over $20 then at 25 they get another 5

I have never worked as a waiter, driver, etc., I just delivered papers a long time ago.

I do tend to tip on the higher side because I really do appreciate the service provided. And that’s what it’s all about, you just want a reasonable tip because you provide a valuable service and a tip is the way one should show for appreciating the work you do.

In my case, I was shucking a heavy-ass load around and a tip made it a lot easier to say 'Yeah, this is worthwhile". I know where you’re coming from.

One time we ordered a pizza, they said 45 minutes, it was there in 15. They got a $6 tip on my $20 order, because it was so quick. Another time they said 45 and they showed up in like 1 hr 15mins. They got $1 plus whatever change was left.

wtf? Shouldn’t have asked for anything back.

Would it be better if places just charged for delivery and adjusted pay accordingly? :dunno: That would take care of the cheap bastards.

What I don’t understand is when you go into certain places and they have a tip jar sitting out. You’re already getting paid for what you do, not like a waitress. But sometimes I’ll leave something anyway if they’re just simply pleasant.

Do pizza delivery people make anything per hour, or per delivery, or do you only make tips?

this thread is fucked up and its sad to see the future of some young americans. Providing great customer service at all time is key in life, it will open up doors that you will never expect to open. This shit wah wah wah i don’t make good tips,well thats your fault. in my time as a pizza delivery boy I killed tips. I would average easy 20 an hour with very few deliverys. I provided the best service at all time, and I made sure the order was always perfect regardless of tip. and you know what it paid off, those cheap tippers became good tippers since they realized i was busting my ass and providing them excellent service regardless of condition. Its sad to read a thread where under achieving is promoted because of lack of money.

Get a better job, if one realizes that gas is going up, and you barly making profit, I would think you would wanna find another job. Do the math. I del.for a Pizza company. they paid 5.50/hr plus tips.
lets say you use .25 tank a gas a day on deliv.15-20(in my car)(AUDI)
you make lets say 50 (which they think is good for 4-5/hrs)
5.50*5(.75,taxes)=20.63 ----- +50=70.63----- -20 in gas, and all the wear/tear on you car. Not worth it!

I always over tip the pizza guys. $5 for an under $20 order all the time. I appreciate the fact that I didn’t have to go get it, or cook it. The delivery guys work all kinds of conditions. If I call and the roads are bad and it’s shitty out, they get $10 for their trouble. I worked in the service industry (restaurants) for over 15 years. I know what it’s like to bust ass for tips.

W00t!!! Maybe they should start a pizza deliverererers union! :ugh2: :mullet:

1. you make minimum wage, so a tip is extra $
    or
  2. you don’t 'make minimum wage and a tip gets you there, or the state equates you to minimum wage if you don’t clear it.

so suck it up… or get a new job.