poll for my truck....

I am against mixing breeds.

Dodge Car = Dodge Engine
GM Car = GM Engine
Ford Car = Ford Engine

etc…

No Replacement for Displacement

440,i’d go with the biggest cubes for your app.Truck = Heavy.

There are lots of fast mopars out there,that dont need chevy engines its just that they’re too damn expensive.

I say just turbo your motor when it blows build the snot out of it and run more boost.

im going with the 440, talked to the guy today, ill have it sunday.

i also agree, dodge = mopar motors, chevy = chevy… etc .

the 440 comes with a torque flight, which is ok, considering the one in the truck now, has only 2 gears left, reverse, and 1 low. deconstruction starts tomorrow morning =)

LOL, Torqueflite 727’s are good trannies…alot better then that P.O.S. 904 some came with. Good luck with the build!

I don’t know you, your truck, or your plans, but I voted 440.

It’s 122 better than a 318 and 80 better than a 360.

And its a torque monster.

did you get a job?

:rofl:

I would have wnet small displacement and forced induction, but that’s just me. What is the 440 out of?

lol dirtye30 ive had this job, not forever but for a while. u should come check the truck out sometime, you know where i am.

its out of an old charger. its fresh tho

The small block Mopar SUCKS. The 440 is a good motor. "Nuff said.

LS7…done

chris you saw me drive it past you the other day. u were in the mustang in front of your house.

and im going 440, 727 torque flight

Yup I saw you…you were going too fast for me to even bother waving to you though haha. And don’t say that “M” word…I don’t want people knowing i drive a Ford as a winter car especially a stang :lol:

Come on!! The early 340’s were nice motors.

The heads were always the worst of the small blocks. That’s what I was referring to. Not to say I woun’t like one of these:

What about a 383? Great power, less gas. Stay away from a 318 or 360…

273-318-340-360-400

All the same block, with different bores/strokes.

340 heads were the best out there…and the best 340 block were the 4bolt versions from 1970-1971. (found in T/A Challengers and AAR Cudas)