Portable garage????

Anyone on here own one of these? If so what are your likes and dislikes with it? I was going to put my car in storage, but now I’m thinking of going this route because I can use it all year round. Seeing I don’t have a garage at the apartment. I went and looked at them at Pep boys but there price seems really high considering you have to buy the sides separate. ebay seems to be my best bet for getting one at a reasonable price. Anyone know of any other places around here that sells them?

u have a PM

i own one of these, a little different, but i like it. only downfall is i didnt buy one wide enough to work in with the vehicle.

wonder if my landlord would care if I tore down the swingset built next to my garage and put one of those in :wink:

that would kill my excuse for not buying a winter car (having no nice place to store the protege)

back home I had to do a bunch of electrical work on my truck (installed alarm and remote starter) in the middle of winter and used a similar tent… not made specifically for cars but it fit a Mazda B4000 ok. it actually held the heat in better than I thought, I was impressed.

If you’re going to put it on gravel or anything else unpaved I’d recommend putting something down as a ‘floor’ whether it be temporary (a tarp) or some sort of rubber floor stuff. In the winter it would be kinda messy otherwise.

Heard that they are good. Just make sure you anchor them into the ground.

Any worries about snow weight?

I got one, got it from harbor freight for 159.00. went thru the october storm and had a decent sive tree branch land on it. And the thing is still standing.

Iput down plastic then plywood. I put my little heater in there and it gets up to almost 70 in there.

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I will be picking one up tonight from Viper966.

Thats one of my concerns I have with these things. I will be going to Home Depot and buying some lag-bolts and such to keep it secure to the concrete.