porting

i would like to try some on my own i have all the tools and bits to do it but not the knolage is their any web sites or any vedios i can buy that teach you the proper teqneks sp? or porting

just go to town. gut it till you think its enough and try to keep it as smooth as possible. thats really about it, oh and take your time.

you can affect flow by taking out to much. you want everthing to flow no restrictions but dont over polish the intake side. the idea is to remove all turbulence out of it

I like to leave the material near the valve stem and focus on trying to get the flow to match the intake and exhaust direction. I’ve seen crazy numbers like 20-30hp on simply giving the charge a better path either into or out of the head. so its not like _/

there is a web site that show’s step by step of port and polish, just do what i did i learned on my own … get a bunch junk head’s and practice… there are serval ways to to them i get the chamber glass smooth but you want a nice flat surface. and be careful around the seat i messed a few up … but other than that it is simple …

There’s an excellent tutorial on the Standard Abrasives website…it’s not usually the ports that need the work, but the valve bowl and short side radius that benefit the most. Of course, it depends on what you’re starting with and how far you’re going.