Possible Mods

I started researching some ideas. Looking for comments or better ideas. All of this depends on if I sell the motorcycle :frowning: , if it looks like I’ll have time for a project this big, and if I end up finishing the basement instead. :mad:

• stock heads ported, valve job, etc. by Lloyd Elliot (AFR heads were too much); stock chamber size/compression ratio; new valves, seals, etc.; optimize flow for mid lift instead of peak lift?

• port match intake manifold

• 1.6 roller rockers; hardened pushrods; new lifters

• CC306 (230/244 .544/.576 w/1.6) or 503 (224/230 .537/.544 w/1.6); enough vacuum for brakes?

• 52mm or 58mm throttle body (would get intake ported for 58)

• headers possibly AS&M mid length, unless I can keep the cat with long tubes

• torque converter (3000? 3200?); don’t plan on running slicks so no use going too high if I can’t hook anyway

• heavy duty timing chain

• reprogram (pcmforless?)

• stock injectors?

• higher flow fuel pump?

• stock rear end :x:

Feel free to throw stones at anything that seems wrong.

Bogarts :smiley:

I have headers for sale with y-pipe and a computer that is already programed. I think I can send it back and get it reprogramed for $75.00. U need to buy this cam http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CCA-07-306-8 this is the cam pewterss went high 11s with and his dad went low 12s with cam in his blazer.

:cool:

Sam - what cam are you running?

My concerns are having enough vacuum and not being all top end since this is still mainly a street car.

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
Sam - what cam are you running?

My concerns are having enough vacuum and not being all top end since this is still mainly a street car.
Its is a comp cam numbers are cca-07-306-8

Dur@.050" … Valve Lift
int… exh … int exh
230 244 … 510’/.540

If u get the computer tune u will have no problems with running this on the street. I drove my car to UPS and back and had no problems and I know Brian and his dad had no problems running it on the street. Should have no problems with vaccum.

Cool, the 306 is one of the ones I’m looking at, but wasn’t sure with that much duration. Sounds like it will work, and it’s pretty common so the programmers have done a lot of them.

I think I’m good with the stock injectors. What do you think about the stock fuel pump?

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
Cool, the 306 is one of the ones I’m looking at, but wasn’t sure with that much duration. Sounds like it will work, and it’s pretty common so the programmers have done a lot of them.

I think I’m good with the stock injectors. What do you think about the stock fuel pump?
Stock fuel pump will be fine unless u add NOS or a supercharger

Fuel pump would have been farmed out to JJs - wouldn’t want to try dropping the tank in my garage.

dont have to drop the tank if you go in through the top. just be neat about it unlike myself.

drivway on a nice day!!!(afterurwifeshovelsdriveway):smiley:

Originally posted by flyinglow57
dont have to drop the tank if you go in through the top. just be neat about it unlike myself.
u mean cut a hole in the top!!!:smiley: i did made an ez axsex(sp) panel!!!:smiley:

Originally posted by Pewterss
u mean cut a hole in the top!!!:smiley: i did made an ez axsex(sp) panel!!!:smiley:

access? :tounge:

Originally posted by Shaggy
access? :tounge:
thank u:kiss: