Post your gear! (PICS)

I just want to see Jim’s piece’s! Lol.

Show everyone your gear (with pics) not a list (we have that already). Here’s mine (minus the lighting stuffs):

When I first received it:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310678_141228009304170_100002509156413_236451_131086_n.jpg

Canon EOS 7D
Canon 17-55 f/2.8 and Canon 50 f/1.4 (in the bag)
Canon 430EX II Speedlite
32GB 90MB/s CF Card
BG-E7 Grip with two LP-E6 Batteries
B+W Filters for both lenses
Lens Hoods for both lenses
Gary Fong Lightsphere Collapsible Flash Diffuser (I prefer natural light so I only use this and the flash in absolute dire situations)

And yes…that is a lei or whatever it’s called. That was the day our company had the ‘spring fling’ BBQ lol.

I have the lightsphere as well, never use it. lol

Me neither. I think I used it for some of one of my 6 weddings last year :lol. Oh well, if I need it I have it.

Same reason I keep mine.

What exactly would be the reason that you would or would not need it ?

I dont have enough cameras to take a picture of my “gear” without using my “gear”. :frowning:

Ilya couldn’t read or follow directions…

in for later

^^ +1 will lay it out when I get home

Not shown is my flash, 85MM manual Macro lens and 50MM F2

http://store.cinetics.com/product_images/t/622/glifplus_12__99793_zoom.jpg

For me personally it’s in dark reception or ceremony halls. Specifically when people are moving around and I need my shutter speed to stay fast.

With a still picture, I don’t usually use it because I can instruct the people to stay still for a second longer, etc. and just use my tripod with a longer shutter.

:lol

How did I not follow directions?

If I just posted a pic, would you know what lens I have on it? lol.

im confused … if you have a flash … keep your shutter above 1/60th and it should stop motion … what would the Tupperware do for you ?

Tupperware just helps difuse the light so its not so hot and more even.

Ilya honestly I’d always keep the flash on the camera, when shooting weddings etc it looks much better when theres even lighting throughout the shoot. Plus eliminates the need for a tripod at all.

While some are against flash if not need be it allows for a more uniform look.

Just my 2 cents from shadowing my uncle, hes been shooting weddings for 30+ years

Check it here Dan: http://learn.garyfongestore.com/blog/

Thx nick … I know what it does I just wanted to see who could explain it here and ilyas explanation was … Ummm confusing at best …

Lol, got ya. I assumed you knew. The thing works fairly well, I just find it unnecessary in most events. If there were really high or odd color ceilings I’d be using it for sure.

Maybe I just did a bad job explaining it. Or maybe I just don’t understand the pro’s/con’s of flash. I am, after all, a rookie on this job still.

Personally, I don’t like flash. That’s just my particular style.

Here is an example of what I try to do in dark locations that have some form of ambient light (be it a light post, etc.). Meaning, long shutter, low ISO, no flash.

(these are copied from my FB so FB ruined the quality a bit)

Here is an example of where I’d use flash as last resort due to an object moving, thus causing blur because of a slower shutter. In this particular picture, it wasn’t too dark (it was day time but I was under a covered place)…but obviously if I wanted it to be brighter I’d either need to post-edit, use a high ISO, or make the shutter longer. I’m happy with this particular picture, but I’m just saying…if I wanted to remove the motion…I’d need to set it to like 1/300 or something which would make the image pretty damn dark at ISO 100 IMO. So then I’d use flash, and the diffuser to balance the light instead of shooting it in one direction. It bounces light a little better from what I can tell than just pointing at the ceiling. But then again, I hardly ever use it so I’m no master with flash.

We probably have the same thought process, but I’m just wording it poorly :lol.

Learn to use the flash man, will make life much easier when shooting events and look better once you learn how to use it.

Some say whenever possible leave the flash off, some say always use it. Just front what I’ve seen from friends shooting weddings, other photographers I know etc generally just keeping the flash on, even in daylight to fill in dark spots always results in a better photo.

Obviously its different in a lot of cases, but shooting events such as weddings etc a properly used flash always seems to result in better lit and more consistant photographs.

Natural light > *