Took some pictures today......

Playing with shutter speeds :carnut I love slowing the shutter speed to create a smooth water look. Those VR lenses would definately come in handy though…

3rd last one is Hott

High res?

ya but photobucket shrinks em down…sometimes too much

nice pics, i just picked up an awesome camera, was messing around with it myself

:tup: you’re learning.

start messing around with the aperature settings and you can start getting some really professional pics.

Yup…getting for familiar with the camera…slowly but surely…

all look very nice having a photography major as a gf im starting to appreciate these kinds of pix more and more lol

Def., I’d frame that man.

I think I am gonna blow that 3rd one up…I do like the way it turned out.

Finally got a tripod?

:tup: nice pics man.

pic 2 would definately benefit from a tripod, absolutely everything is out of focus… but its cool to play around with settings, you should check out aperture priority in addition to shutter speed… i like 4, this is what im talking about aperture priority, so it doesnt look so dark and you dont have to edit it in photshop. pic 5 is cool also because of the leaf colors… but i would have adjusted the F-stop since your foreground is in focus and the background isnt (your setting is good for action photography or something like getting a moving car in focus but background blurred)… but all things aside, nice compositions… :wink:

edit: by f-stop im talking depth of field

3rd one rocks!

where is that?

i’m curious too where is that? What kind of camera

Niagara Falls…D40x 18-70MM lens

he went on goat island, its like if you drive around counterclockwise pass the main falls and the parking lot on your left, and its like the next tiny little parking place with a pedestrian bridge on your right, those were some of his shots…

marcus how do you like your camera? ive found the Nikons to exaggerate blues, which throws off green a lot…

I really like it. Still learning it ang getting much more confortable with lighting and adjustments on the fly. Next investment is a VR lens…I think the 55-200MM vr version.