Post your lighting upgrades

Some of my favorite mods to do are lighting mods, there’s just something about a car with well put together exterior lighting that makes me drool…

Think those new Audi’s with the rows of LED’s in the bumper, or the BMW’s with Daytime Running Lights that leave the high beams on like 80% when the lights are off…I think it looks sick :nod

So post up what ya got…

Mine:

-OE Style Clears all the way around with amber bulbs. (fuck all of you that use blue bulbs in signals. I hate you. clear bulbs are OK, but blue? cmon…)
-OE Style DEPO Euro Ellipsoid Headlights with Amber City-Lights in the high beam housings, and eBay 6000K HID for lows
-Corner parking light is disabled as I went with the euro style of using the city lights as parking lights instead of the corners…looks cleaner when used with city-lights IMO.

That’s about it for me, I may switch to 55W 3000K HID’s in the Lows, and use my current lows as high beams for this season.

Pics-

Rear Clears:

Sidemarkers:

Headlights/corners:

Showing off the parking light mod/city lights:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/bennyfizzle/0708072050-1.jpg

Lets see what ya got :nod

Ricer :haha

Ummm is it just me or does my door look like it’s sagging/out of alignment in this pic?

It DOES feel kind of heavy when I open/close it…hmm.

Halogens?

pff garbage. just like your motor.

hahahahhahah benny, really? another gay thread on the shift518 board…

your door is sagging, it’s 1995 technology :sleep

(p.s- idk what you consider your motor then :haha)

this thread was directed at you somewhat, whatta ya got…I like your lighting :hug

8000k HIDs for lows(i think, might be 6000k), bright white fogs, clear taillight directionals, and a amber running lights

Bright white…is that a technical term? :rofl

Well instead of being yellow fogs, they’re “bright white”…they are very bright for fog lights :nod

nice yeah i forgot, i also deleted my fogs with these this year…last year i just ran with gaping holes in my bumper…blech…this year it looks much cleaner:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/bennyfizzle/0311080947.jpg

Nevermind the self tappers holding in my brake ducts, i just got so pissed that they kept falling out last year so i said fuck you to them and self tapped em in :rofl

in hindsight i probably could have just glued them in or something, but i was pissed…w/e

i had dual projector blackout headlights with 8500K HID’s in my eclipse. i lost the harddrive with all the pics of the car and install process. im going to put the HIDs into my mom’s car so she can see better.
I plan black tails for my audi, black headlights and possibly dark grey or black sidemarkers. im also thinking about getting a stripe with LED’s like the new style audis and adding that into my headlights and making that turn on as day time running lights. kinda like the 2008 RS6 style, just flat at the bottom. i dont think i wana make the angry eyebrow look by putting them at the top at an angle

pix Not really a nite picture but its all i got for now

You have some sort of city light/daytime runner in the high beam right?

I think I saw that in one of your other pics…

those 5000k?

i dont have daytime lights in my car. i just have OEM low beam HID’s. and regular high beams. I was thinking of also getting an HID set on my foglights so they match my lows, because right now theyre on and u can see them, but they make 0 difference. the rear foglights are VERY bright and are definitely more visible than my regular lights in the for, rain or snow, but the fronts are pretty much useless.

That’s cool, and I WANT the oem rear fogs so bad…but I was referring to That Blue Da with that quote…

do u get both? i saw some cars have 1 and some have 2, its a factory thing. my friend had a 94 100 audi and he noly had the one, which made cops pull him over constantly and he had to explain that its how it is. theres 2 lenses but only 1 light is built in

you sure both your rear fogs light up? My dad had the previous model A6 and the dealer told him only one rear fog shows even though there are two lenses (one on each side of license plate)

on a C5 both go on, which is why I asked, because idk about BMW fogs. New Audis have 2 now, ones that are like ~2002 and down will have 1 for the most part. I’m not sure why they do two lenses and only 1 light bulb, but it does throw off a lot of cops and they stop people

gotcha… I think that may be the norm over in euro-land, but it just looks odd over here.