Powder Coating Interest?

I thought this would be the best place to post this.
Would or is anyone interested in getting anything powder coated?
Intakes, braces, rims, anything?
The cheapest way would be if they are already prepped for powder coating (i.e. sand blasted/soda blasted, or new.), for an idea of price: a rim would be about $30 each (all one colour)

If you want anything prepped by us it would be $35 an hour.
Located in Fort Erie, Ont. (15 min from Niagara Falls)
For Ease of people from toronto, something can be arranged for half-way pickup and then half-way delivery.
Instead of trying to deal with shipping.

well how many hours are needed to prep the rims if we cannot do it ourselves?

or better yet, how much total for 4 17’’ alum rims start to finish to be gunmetal ?

If they are not that complicated of a rim and they are not ruined to hell, I would say 2 hours? for the prep.
I will have to check on the gunmetal colour, I know we have greys but I am not 100% on gunmetal.

could you powder coat rims with polished lips?

I have not tried it and would not want to do it until I am confident on a spare rim. I will get back to you after I do a test rim.

Jeff (jedi…) and I have discussed this, there are different types, most are cleared, so remove the clear (clear probably won’t handle 400 degrees), tape and powder center, remove lip tape, clear entire rim again…

Exactly, I would just want to get the nack for getting that tape straight as possible, so it does not look like crap with squiggles on the inner edge.

Thats why I said I wouldn’t do it, Half assed is the last thing I want to do to someones rims.

P.S. the clear would have to come off so the powder coat can fuse to the aluminum.

Then like he said clear powder coated, to protect the polish and also would help to make the coating more scratch resistant.

how do you get the clear coat off the polished area without wrecking the polished area ?

how would you go about ensuring that the sand “from blasting” does not then get under/through the tape and damge the polished area ?

You have to strip it, then blast it (if it even needs to be done), THEN polish the lip, then tape it and powder the rim. Once the rim has baked,tape comes off, you powder coat the entire rim with clear coat.
ding done

I don’t polish, I havn’t got the right tools for the job. I do know a professional polisher who does semi truck rims. Wow do they ever shine! who would do it (don’t know what he would charge).

Anyone who likes to polish (hard work!), truckers have the cash and get their rims and tanks done atleast once a year. Easily make $300 a day.