who can powdercoat rims? or paint for decent price?

i have a set of 17x7.5 saab viggen wheels i want to paint duplicolor graphite/gun metal. or if i can find powdercoat for cheap id rather that. lmk

here are some pics of a member off saablink http://img3.imageshack.us/g/vd1l.jpg/

Powdertech Rt7 in duanesburg

Pete knight @KTA in Argyle for paint(638-8150)

You need to list what you feel a decent price is though…

50$ a rim for powder coat. and if painted cheaper

krazykid for painting

I believe offroadzj here does power coating on the side for small parts, not sure if he does rims.

srsly.

ok if crazy kid has good prices ill go to him…i was also thinking about http://img52.imageshack.us/g/imagexnvuggggeeeen.jpg/ but instead of white black or gunmetal and instead of yellow red.

lmk your guys opnion on color combos or if someone can photoshop something?

I PM’d you back.

FYI GENERALLY SPEAKING:

$20-45+ a wheel to blast. Painted wheels = $20 side. OEM stubborn ass powder coated wheels = $45 side. I dont do the actually blasting, I bring it to a local pro.

$55+ a wheel to prime, base coat, clear. Basecoat is autobody quality paint. Can be mixed to OEM codes, custom, what ever. Simple Ford Ranger silver is like $50 a pint (minus stabilizer) Lexus metallic base, almost triple that. It all depends.

Thats about it, rough ball park for up to a 18". 20’s+ price goes up to have them blasted and a bit more for paint/labor too. Keep in mind, this is not rattle can junk. Call a NAPA and ask for a pint of etching primer and activator, pint of basecoat, qt of reducer/stabilizer, pint of spot panel clear and hardener. $100+ in paint materials alone, and thats cutting it close. Only way I get to charge this low for a price, is I have a shit ton of materials, gallons of primer ($220 a can), gallons of clear ($100+) hardeners at $15-30 ea. so I dont waste materials on each job.

i paid $80 per wheel to have mine powdercoated at powdertech

i want to buy the wheels and tires from sully :frowning:

yep, and did you get them back the same year you dropped them off?!!? They are slow as shit for small jobs. understandably, they make a living shooting big projects, not $300 in wheels. (actually making about $200 - materials/labor)

But that is about right. Powder is cheap materials wise. about $12 will coat a large wheel. Its sandblast time to strip, prep and having an oven large enough, and controlling the temps well enough to do it professionally and make money at it. Which they do on frames, chassis’, etc, projects paying a lot more then a set of wheels.

KK want to polish my “dialers?” http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g253/C1VIC/2963_1.jpg

took 3 weeks tops

EFFF that! I am somewhat out of the polishin bidness! I will stick to little things here and there, wheels are a bitch and i dont have the time anymore.

Thats FAR better than everything else I see come and go from them. Jims wheels took longer than that and they fucked him on the price. Said one thing and upon delivery tried to charge him 35% more than original price. My uncle sent bike wheels there and over a month later they hadnt moved from the shelf, and he took them back. I sent bike wheels there and they took well over 3 weeks. Boxes of little parts for bikes, (like I said I understand why profit wise) took a month. Ill just stop there, but I have plenty more examples. Win some and loose some I guess.

for the accent on the spoke, you should just use vinyl.

cheap, easy to replace, easy to remove when you dont like it.

Sorry this is a bit off topic but does anyone know if powdertech does ceramic coating? I’m looking to have my headers and y pipe done.

DUDE! wheels are :thumbup:thumbup

At the moment my oven will only fit a 15" wheel… and everything is packed up for the move to my house (hopefully very soon) so it may be a while before I get everything all set up. I’d like to find a bigger oven eventually but this is all I got for now.

good idea. i think im going to paint them myself probally wont look as good but itll be cheaper

no they dont.