Powder Coating price list.

Here is the low down on PowderCoating prices. There are many options as there are with anything custom. Some powders are single shot, two coats, or even tri coats to get the color or effect you are after. Flakes and pearls can be added to the clears for added effect too. Colors can be mixed for custom blends. Basically the sky is the limit on what you can do with powder. If it’s not listed, just ask and I will let you know if it can be done, and if I can pull it off.

For work examples please check out: http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=27341

Additional charges apply for:
-parts that require disassembly to get ready for blasting
-complex shapes and designs. Lots of machined surfaces that need to be masked, tight corners or spokes, etc. Powder isn’t like paint, it is statically charged to the part, and it likes to repel from inside corners and sharp edges.
-greasy and grimy parts. They need to be cleaned prior to sandblasting.
-Tires and TPS sensors still on wheels. $30 fee to dismount tires since I have to bring them somewhere to do them.
-Cast parts, like USED intake manifolds, brake calipers, etc must be put in the oven for an “out gassing” cycle (baked at a higher than cure temp) prior to coating to release the oils stuck in the pores that could be released into the powder cure if they weren’t outgassed.
-Already powder coated parts, instead of raw or painted. Powder is MUCH harder to blast/strip. Time = $

Most work is done with a 2-3 week turnarond time. May take longer if the parts are large and need to be outsourced for stripping/blasting.

Colors: browse the following links.
http://www.prismaticpowders.com/
http://www.powderbuythepound.com/Powder_Coating_Powders/
http://www.powder365.com/store/

Pick a color and PM me your idea. I will tell you if it’s a single, two or 3 coat process and adjust the est based on that. Dormant colors for example, say something like “clear coat is needed for desired results” so that is a 2 coat. Kandy colors are a 2 coat; chrome base coat and the kandy over that. Then those can be cleared with a satin clear for a cool anodized look, or flakes mixed in, kandy over dormant for odd colors, again sky is the limit.

Price list.

Prices are “starting at” estimates that can and will change if the part is out of the ordinary when they arrive. Price includes sandblasting CLEAN parts. Anything not mentioned on the list, just ask, it probably can be coated. Small parts; brackets, nuts & bolts, plates, etc there is a $20 minimum on a pile of those parts. Anything not listed will be bid on based off surface area, part complexity and prep time needed. Max item size is around 72" long. Oven is 4’W X 4’D X 6’H

WHEELS:
****Some factory wheels and aftermarket wheels are ALREADY powdercoated. Additional charges will apply for blasting the original coating off. The sandblasting is outsourced on wheels, what ever they charge me, is what I charge you. The base price listed bellow is for blasting up to a max of $40 a wheel. Some wheels like BBS for example can be +$20 a wheel to blast, bringing the single solid color price to $105 a wheel for example. ******

• Up to 18” wheels. $95ea single solid color. +$30ea for each additional coat/color. +$35ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear

• 19”-20” wheels. $105ea single solid color. +$30ea for each additional coat/color. +$45ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear

• 21” or larger wheels. $120ea single solid color. +$55ea for each additional coat/color. +$55ea for candy colors. +$10 for flake added to a clear

• Motorcycle wheels. $85ea single solid color. +$30ea for each additional coat/color. +$35ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear

Motorcycle spoke wheels. Must be shot in pieces; spokes, rims, hubs. Nipples wont be coated.

-Rims $40ea single solid color. +$30ea for each additional coat/color. +$35ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear

-Spokes $1ea single solid color. +$10PER SET for each additional coat/color. +$20PER SET for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear

-Hubs (brought cleaned, no bearings) $30ea single solid color. +$15ea for each additional coat/color. +$30ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear

-ATV Wheels $20 single solid color. +$5ea for each additional coat/color. +$20ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. Bearings are not removed, they are brake cleaned dry, masked so nothing gets in them. You re-grease, replace or remove prior.

ENGINE PARTS:
-Intake Manifolds (4/6 cylinder). $65 - $80 single solid color. +$30ea for each additional coat/color. +$25ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. +$15 for polished letters or raised edges.

• Intake Manifolds (8 cylinder). $70 - $85 single solid color. +$30ea for each additional coat/color. +$25ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. +$15 for polished letters or raised edges.

-Valve cover (inline 4/6 cylinder). $65 single solid color. +$30ea for each additional coat/color. +$25ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. +$15 for polished letters or raised edges.

-Valve cover EACH (8 cylinder). $30 - $40 single solid color. +$30ea for each additional coat/color. +$25ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. +$15 for polished letters or raised edges.

-Charge pipes. $8 per foot single solid color. +$3 per foot for each additional coat/color. +$3 per foot for candy colors. +$1 per foot for flake added to a clear

-Throttle body. $65 single solid color. +$20ea for each additional coat/color. +$25ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. +$15 for polished letters or raised edges. This price is coming to me disassembled.
+$25 to disassemble and reassemble. (IF possible, some are not serviceable)

-Accessory brackets. $30 - $60 single solid color. +$10ea for each
additional coat/color. +$15ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear.

-V8 Water pump. $50 single solid color. +$20ea for each additional coat/color. +$15ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear

-Turbo Compressors. $50 single solid color. +$20ea for each additional coat/color. +$15ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. Antisurge housings can be masked so the drillings are left uncoated for a cool look for +$20.

BRAKE CALIPERS: Note* Price does not include rebuilding, but will include disassembly if requested (as in you would be putting them backtogether). They CAN be cleaned and baked at cure temp seals/dust boots in without an issue from what I have seen. Generally if the calipers are in good working order, they will take the 350-400 deg cure temps just fine.

I will rebuild them for a $20 a caliper for most OEM calipers with Customer supplied seal and dust boot kit. Waiver is signed after the fact, because I will not be responsible for your installation errors. They will be pressure tested with 160psi on the bench to insure a proper seal and installation.

-Brake caliper EACH. Single pot. $40 - $50 single solid color. +$20ea for each additional coat/color. +$15ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. +$15 for polished letters or raised edges

-Brake caliper EACH. 2 pot. $50 - $70 single solid color. +$20ea for each additional coat/color. +$15ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. +$15 for polished letters or raised edges.

-Brake caliper EACH. 2+ pot high end brand. $80+ single solid color. +$20ea for each additional coat/color. +$30ea for candy colors. +$10 for flake added to a clear.

-Motorcycle or ATV caliper EACH $40 - $70 single solid color. +$20ea for each additional coat/color. +$15ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear.

MOTORCYCLE, DIRTBIKE AND ATV PARTS:
-Motorcycle peg sets. Includes mount, peg & heel guard. This is a set as in left front or left rear, right front or right rear. $40 single solid color. +$10ea for each additional coat/color. +$15ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. All four sets $120 total single solid color. (save $40)

-Handle bars. $35 single solid color. +$10ea for each additional coat/color. +$10ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear.

-Motorcycle rear brake lever or shift lever. $20 single solid color. +$5ea for each additional coat/color. +$5ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear.

-Motorcycle triple clamp EACH. $35 single solid color. +$10ea for each additional coat/color. +$10ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. Bearings are not removed, they are brake cleaned dry & masked so nothing gets in them. You remove prior, re-grease or replace after.

-Caliper brackets. $20 single solid color. +$5ea for each additional coat/color. +$5ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear.

-Sprocket set (front and rear). $35 single solid color. +$5ea for each additional coat/color. +$5ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear. Teeth are masked off 1/16” or so past the valley of teeth where the chain rides.

-Motorcycle frame $200 single solid color. +$60ea for each additional coat/color. +$50ea for candy colors. +$15 for flake added to a clear

-ATV frame $275 single solid color. +$75ea for each additional coat/color. +$60ea for candy colors. +$20 for flake added to a clear

-Swing arm. $50-80 single solid color. +$25ea for each additional coat/color. +$30ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear

-Twin headers. Ceramic coated $85.

-Sport bike headers. Ceramic coated $100.

-Muffler Canister. Ceramic Coated $80. Powder $50 single solid color. +$20ea for each additional coat/color. +$10ea for candy colors. +$5 for flake added to a clear.

HIGH TEMP CERAMIC COATING

Ceramic withstands 1600 deg.

CeramaKrome is cured to a dull color. It must be hand or machine polished (like you would say bare aluminum or ss) to look “chrome”, and I am not polishing it that’s up to you.

Long tube V8 headers:
Ceramic - $225 to coat new headers. Some fees can apply for blasting used parts.

Shorty V8 headers:
Ceramic - $185 to coat new headers. Some fees can apply for blasting used parts.

4 cylinder down pipe:
Ceramic - $120 to coat new headers. Some fees can apply for blasting used parts.

Turbo turbine - $90. Some fees can apply for blasting used parts.

4 cylinder header - $120 Some fees can apply for blasting used parts.

Anything can be coated with that stuff, so just ask. As I figure prices for those inquiries I will add them to the list.

ANYTHING NOT ON THE LIST, JUST ASK. As inquires come in, I will update the list with them.

how much would you charge to powdercoat the rims on my bike?

Bring me the rims empty, no spokes/nipples and valve stems.

$40ea depending on color choice for single pass/colors. Then the normal +$XX per additional color as stated above.

they are a pain in the ass to do to keep the nipple holes clean. Have to be careful blasting them, to stay away from direct shots at the tiny threads. Then I have to coat them, and carefully use a blow gun on low pressure to shoot the powder out from the tire/tube side through the hole to clear out the tiny threads, 60+ times! lol While there isn’t a lot of surface area to do, the price is a bit higher becasue of the time it takes to actually apply the powder correctly.

you couldnt get a bunch of machine screws with the right thread pitch and screw them into the nipple holes from the inside? that way the holes stay clean AND you cut down prep time

not bad at all I think for the price, deff added to my to do List how long does it take If I dropped it off on a saturday?

what DIA are the rims?

If I can blast them I can do them in a night or two… at the moment I am swamped with pc work, so additions to my list are a few weeks out atleast right now.

The bolts or masks in this case, should not be left in the wheel and fully cured, becasue the powder would bridge the rim and the bolt. so when you went to zing it out it would crack the powder.

I could, put the bolts in, blast, clean, apply powder, then carefully remove the bolts then put the rim in the oven.

It seems much faster and easier maybe to just turn the air pressure to 15psi, shoot a steady stream of air from a blower and draw a line around the tire side of the rim, blowing off the powder in the bolt holes and leaving a line of no powder around the wheel lip only the tire mounter will ever see.

I will have to order some from McMasterCarr and give it a shot though. Just need to find the thread pitch and size now. :number1

not sure, stock honda rebel rims lol, ill look next time i walk out to my shed tonight, I was gonna buy a brand new set to have you powdercoat black, that way If I dont care for it I can put my originals back on lol I am torn for how it will look, wish I had photo editing skills would prolly give me an idea

Mike do you offer ceramic coating? I need my y pipe done inside and out for my truck. Can you do it and How much ball park you think?

Yes I can.

Inside… is tough. The stuff is sprayed out of a hvlp paint gun, so I have no idea how the heck to get it inside. If its stainless already there is no need to coat the inside anyways.

Outside, no problem.

What color?

Silver, black, is the cheapest. Polished is more expensive for materials and it polishing time.

Lastly, it has to be sand blasted prior to shooting it. so i would be send out for that.

how do you match factory paints?

You really can’t just try and get close

what he said:

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/
http://www.powderbuythepound.com/Pow...ating_Powders/
http://www.powder365.com/store/

browse those sites and pick a color. I wont guarranty any color matching, but I will try to get the best looking match I can. Some colors can be blended together to make custom colors but its a crap shoot and wastes twice the powder a normal color would be, so be prepaired to accept a slightly larger bill in that case. I am 100% honest up front, if I think its a long shot I wont even sell you on it… if I think I can do it, I will and will let you know.

I matched a crazy blue metallic color for YFZ450George here and nailed it, made a STI wrinkle red (darker than a straight wrinkle red) for JSEJake, and a few others along the way. It is possible, just not as easy as paint mixing.

I have tried the internet thing…matching powder was impossible. Ordered two different colors, one from two separate websites that looked spot on and both were far too dark. Do you have swatches? Like a color book?

What are you trying to coat? What color? who did the first 2 attempts?

The problem with powercoat examples online vs what they look like in person is the same with anything. the camera can hide alot, and can manipulate the picture.

If the color was a single shot color, and it was too dark then its the wrong color, no other recourse but to try another color. If it was a candy, and it was too dark, they may have put too much on. Or you can change the base color to get a different shade.

I have bud light aluminum bottles that I coated with some of the colors I shot over time. No color chip book. The bottles will get you into the ball park, but honestly its really all in my head because I know how some of the colors will react on different parts, and with other colors.

I think your wheel prices are too high, I demand you do mine for $200 for all 4. I’ll even put a sticker on my car.

/\ Ill just copy past (actually its the KK Clifnotes from the convo) what I told the last kid on Nisky Lot.

-him- How much for wheels?
-me- $85ea solid single color then up from there
-him- I didnt know it would be that much.
-me- I have $40 a wheel in blasting from “Ricks Sandblasting in broadalbin perth”. $45shipped in powder to do 4 wheels (insert link to 3 powder sites here). Less overhead, less electricity to run the oven, less prep materials, etc.
-him- well can you do them for $50 a piece?
-me- Sure I would love to powdercoat your wheels, and pay you $5 for my hard work. GFY.

I know your kidding benny, but he was dead serious.

I am not kidding and you will benefit greatly from me putting a CRC sticker on my car, much more than the $5 you’re paying into it. Otherwise frig off and frig yourself bud.

I can attest to the quality of work thats stood up for daily abuse and still looks as good as the first day

so if you had someone cheaper blast them, or stripped chemically, your price per wheel could be cheaper, si?