Powdercoated sweetness inside

so i finally got my powdercoated stockers back today:excited
cant wait until they are on the car

these two look orange but its because of my shitty lighting in my basement. they are bright red
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u166/cjrusso/IMG_0396.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u166/cjrusso/IMG_0400.jpg
will update this on saturday when they get mounted and balanced

Where did you have them done? And how much?

Looks good. Im a BIG fan of ReD and black.

they were supposed to be done by a friend of mine but his oven caught on fire so he couldnt bake them. so they were brought to the douches at powdertech who charged $270 for them even though they were already stripped and glass beaded by my friend. and it took them about two weeks to get done when it should have been only a day or two

So, your feelings towards PowderTech are… less than positive? I want to get a set of stock wheels done in the near future.

well the work done is perfect but the price is freaking rediculous

That’s because they are the only game in town… wheels look good though!

Ouch I wanna get my stockers done too until I can afford staggard 19’s or 20’sthere really isnt much competiton around here as far as powdercoating goes??

Powdertech does a great job. And they are great people if you hang out and get to know them. If you came in and droped your rims off and said K THX BYE i would charge you full price too. I just got work done by them dropped my part off told them to call me when it was done. It took a week. They have alot of parts getting done there and im sure your rims were second to racks full of race car parts getting done. They may be the only game in town which entitles them to charge their prices but theyre well worth it in my opinion. If you think theyre dousches see how much shipping is for your rims to even make it to another shop. K THX BYE

well put, thats completely understandable I guess you get what you pay for and if there is no competiton then you pay a little more but still get great work so we’ll see…

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Do all subaru guys have a thing for orange? wtf:lol

WELL my buddy had everything all prepped, so they didnt have to do any stripping or blasting. thats the hard part already done. the original price of $250 was given from one of their workers who according to the guys that were there “wasnt qualified to give price quotes.” they were asking for $350 for the work done on top of a $100 deposit when we went to pick them up. soooooooooo the price was a bit high for what they had to do(paint and bake, thats it). thankfully he was able to talk the price down to $270
K THANKS BYE

they are red not orange:Idiots

You said it was $270. There is 2 guys that own the company you should have talked to them. If they gave you a quote I agree they should have stuck with it…maybe you got fucked with but I had a good experience with them.

yea i wasnt the one dealing with them, my buddy was. so he just relayed what happened to me, so sorry if i came off as an ass.:hug

I know this is a stupid question but is it possible to get plastic powder coated??

i think the plastic would melt when you bake it… im not sure

no…

OK i was just wondering!

they are ughh pretty loud

good quality, shitty choice.