powdercoaters?

Is there anybody local that does powdercoating on wheels and calipers?

Powder tech I believe. Dan or sully93vr4 used them. Pm his gay ass

Yup, Powdertech on RT7

what size wheels? And I can do calipers. What color were you looking to do?

+1 for Powdertech. I had them ceramic coat my maifolds and they came out great! My wheels are also powdercoated black from them too.
I’m also debating on sending them my calipers, rather than painting them myself.

-Prices are reasonable also.

I should get my rims done!

Dont bother painting them- theyll rust right thru the caliper paint regardless of how well you clean and prep them. Ive already painted mine twice and theyre still rusting thru even though I did everything I was supposed to in prepping them.
I used the High Temp caliper paint Advance sells.

20’s… black chrome…

Calipers black or this particular blue i have on my truck for the ss and chevy emblems currently…

Duh, its paint ya fuck

Hate to tell you your doing something wrong then… I painted mine a year ago no issues at all… painted Eriks 3 years ago and still no issues look like when i first did them…

Mine have been painted for the better part of 5-6yrs now and are still ok, asides from being dirty as fuck!! lol

do they do hi-temp coating for exhaust parts?

Yes, as Sully posted :lol

yea… 20s def. wont fit… lol. I should have known on that truck. Would you be looking at a flat black or gloss black if you went black?

I wire wheeled the shit out of them and cleaned them up really good and sprayed a few coats on. The brand new rear drums rusted thru too.

Mine didnt last 6 months.

They ship parts out for JetHot. pretty reasonable prices too!

powdertech can be quite pricey. I got a quote to do my suzuki frame and it was around $300 for just the coating/baking. I would be doing all the prep work for it (sandblasting, cleaning, etc). But from what I’ve heard, it is very good work. But price is why I went with just getting the equipment myself and so far its worked out great.

Ya gotta prep em, sand them, prep em again, hit it with a wax/grease remover, one wicked light coat, followed by 2 med coats. Let it dry for awhile in the sun and presto!

a wire wheel will not scuff up the surface enough to give a good base for the paint to stick to. you would be better off sandblasting (carefully)

I prepped the shit out them and cleaned them with paint thinner real good and wiped them off and sprayed them.

I did it over 2 years ago and then did them again a few months after that and havent fucked with them since.