Powder Coating price list.

so if you had someone cheaper blast them, or stripped chemically, your price per wheel could be cheaper, si?

Nope fuck that I don’t agree with the price but I also don’t agree the price of guns right now why don’t all you cheap fucks call powder tech and wait 6 months for you fucking powder coat and pay more then Crc or you can go have them shipped out out of state for twice as much and still have to wait… You don’t like the price look into other options like a rattle can that won’t last and look like shit a month or so later… Ahhh cheap piece of shits! End rant!

Haha the oven costs loot to run… I wouldn’t even start that bitch up for small jobs. 85 a wheel is defma good price. I paid 75 a wheel like 4 years ago from powdertech, and it took long as hell and wheels didn’t need blasting.

Thank you Cptn and Sbardy. Oven is 9K watts, runs for hours at a time when I need it to you all can do the math on comm power to see the costs per job. Cost about $3100 itself. The gun & system itself is $1k, and I have alot in supplies for prep. Logistically powdercoating is really not as profitable as people assume for us, yet. I started it more to coat our own stuff on projects to produce a better final product.

I love a challenge… There are 2 powder producing companies, and 3 main distributers of those 2 companies product that EVERYONE (powdertech included) use to get the colors. Someone who wants wheels done. Pick the color, make it a hard one too. Bring me 2 of them, and bring the other two to ANYONE ELSE, maybe powdertech since they are 4 minutes from my shop anyway.

Lets compare the results. Price, quality, ease of transaction, turnaround time.

OR… Bring me your wheels to coat, you can ride with me to the sand blast guy to drop them off, ride with me to pick them up and see what the actual cost is if you don’t believe me. Then we can order the powder together too, when it comes you can sit and watch the entire process to see exactly what goes into them labor wise, and ill show ya my power bill. :slight_smile: Then write up a review on what ya saw.

LOOOL i know you too well. just come retrieve your silvia mauve valve cover from my premises, then we can talk stickarz.

Nope. If that were the case, I would stand a chance at NOT wasting my time and wheels might then to be a valid asset to my business. Anyone can go on google, search for “powdercoating fourms”, then inside them search for “price check” or “Wheel prices”… every one has a running thread on that subject where the people in the industry share information, to be consistent and try to avoid gross under cutters putting out shit product and gross over chargers that tarnish the business the other way aswell. Also people in there all agree that wheels, unless your a 100% powdercoating only shop, are the biggest wastes of time & $… but everyone wants wheels and when people think powdercoating first thing in their head are wheels.

My prices for solid single colors are on the ave to lower end of the going rates. My candies and 2 or 3 color jobs are FAR less! 100% powder shops charge per coat, same price. IE $100 for a single color, any type of second layer goes on and they are now $200 ea (mine are $120), Base, candy, extra clear those guys are $300+ a wheel mine are $150+/-. Epsos powdercoating, in Statin Island is one of the BEST coaters around, big into the Euro scene around here. Call him up and see what they charge!

this shit just boils my blood man buy cheap = buy often = end up spending more then you actually would if you got the job done right the first time endmotherfukcingtread/

There is someone in schenectady doing powder coating, some body shop. unknown name. sofar 3 people came to me to strip and redo their work. First guy said they charged him $50 a wheel, gloss black on stock audi wheels. Came out like complete shit and he never even mounted them, just brought them to me. They were all orange peeled and already flaking off, and scratched very easily (first sign of under curing). I blasted one to see what was going on, and sure enough the guy shot powder right over the oem paint. Probably just cleaned them off and hot flocked the powder on.

So now hes $200 in the hole, and I got charged $200 to blast the powder & oem paint off to start fresh. $400 deep and I didnt even put powder to them yet. He learned his lesson, has come back for alot more work and sent 3 more people my way for wheels.

/a job done right the first time is always cheaper than redoing the “cheap” first attempt.

Yeah so do it right for $200 for me.

Still havent got your own blaster? You’ve probably spent the amount outsourcing!

ill outsource it to the guy in schenectady for ya. :rofl

:banghead at this point yea its close. but major reason why I dont have one yet: Space, I have none inside. Outside it would make a mess and piss off the landlord, and they wont allow us to put a shed up to blast inside. The only way to blast/strip an epoxy coated wheel or already PC’d wheel, you need a 1/2" or larger nozzle to do it in 20 mins a pop or so. A nozzle that size requires 85-140+ CFM… which is either a $15K electric one which my service wont power anyway, or a $4-10K+ diesel towbehind. The blaster pot is another $1500-2K. Freshair hood, suit and system to keep me alive is another $1K easy.

If I was 100% powder, it would be no question. But CRC is like %15 PC work.

didn’t your bitch ass have a blasting cabinet build thread on here forever ago?

WHERED IT GO FAGET

twas a siphon system, not enough balls to do wheels.

not with that attitude it’s not

feel free to stop by and wisper sweet nothings in its inlet tube, maybe then it will have a little more get up and go

i can help ya!! I got a plan for you!

Fizz. u dont come see me no more? sup?

I haven’t seen anyone but my professors, coworkers, and girlfriend in literally months.

and me

oh ya

Or me. Disappointed benny

its good ur gettin smarter,i hope…
Stop in if u in the neighborhood…see the new drifter Busa!

KK, Khafaga Motors is the guy who is helping me. I am friends with the three brothers. I want four little hood strut brackets and my valvecover done in Mitsu Rally Red.

To answer your question about color, its a sparkly color, but I do not know if its candy. I can stop by if you’d like to see everything