Powder coating vs painting wheels

so i have the two piece mugen mr5s for my civic. i want to paint the barrels black like the faces but keep the bolts and center caps silver.
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/ef_u/blackedoutmr5.jpg

so i guess im turing to you guys for advice/suggestions places to get powdercoating done. i can paint them myself. price comparisons. how long it will last. if it can be striped off.

ive rendered this photo to be an exact replica of what the car with look like via paint
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/ef_u/civicblack.jpg
ahah

whyyyyy? do silver w/ polished lip and join the cool squad

get flat black… Fuck bitches. You’re lookint at like 300 for a powdercoat job brian

Paint the centers with Duplicolor and have kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkustom polish the lips.

You will achieve a look very much like dis:

nahh i wanna get rid of the bling, not a fan anymore, i want a big change. lance 300 for the whole wheel or just the barrel?wheres that from? i want it done right and i don’t it to flake and be some budjet boston mod

Im at a bit of a loss here. the wheels that you “fixed” look no different to me. maybe I’m looking at the wrong thing? If you want inexpensive but not necessarily show quality (still fairly new to PCing) I can possibly do them for you. If you can, give me a little better idea what part is getting done.
Thanks

right now his wheels have silver barrels. Brian check out powdertech

bottom line is you won’t look tricker than the versa

Is that first picture your actual wheels you have in your possession at this point in time? And you just want the inside part black to match the faces? I would just paint them myself, not like its going to get really noticed.

this is what they look like now

http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/pics/rims/mugen%20mr5.jpg

he is going to make them have black faces and barrels

Paint vs powder has been beat to death.

Paint:
-easier access to different colors, any color under the sun, powder not so much.
-easier to apply, easier to touch up if need be. powder, more equiptment to apply, touchup requires a re shoot.
-Paint when done properly is just as strong as podwer. Yes it scratches, but it doesnt chip or crack off lile powder coult.
-Crack/chip in powder, water gets behind, bond is gone shit falls off. Paint, doesnt do that.

Powder:
-More impact resistant. Can take a hit, but when ti breaks, it breaks. Remember powder is a coating, not as much of a bond like etch prime and paint on top of that.

People think heat is an issue with painted wheels. its not. Look at your car, take a black car, put it in the sun, read the temp on the metal. Its the same thing as a wheel, even if you beat the balls off the brakes, the heat it just about the same.

If your interested PM me. I blast and respray wheels all the time. I have done body work and paint work for a while. No shit paint used in my guns. Pick a color, get the paint code and ill get it done.

Ahh… now it makes a little more sense. I was thinking he just wanted the inside of the wheel done which seemed pointless since the tire would be on it… lol. What size are the wheels?

your a bundle of knowledge and this was what i was looking to get out of you guys

and there 15s its a two piece wheel and the faces come off i want to keep the face black with the finsih that is on there. althou the whole thing flat black would be bad ass

I think if they were mine, I would paint them. Then at least if they get chipped either from driving or mounting/dismounting tires, you could touch it up.

Thanks man, I like to bring truth and first hand knowledge to this place.

This is truth. Powdertech will charge you about 150+$ a wheel. 4 barrels just got done by them and the bill was $500 and change. it was also a crazy color powder they had to order. took a month to get them back. It sure would suck to chip them or curb them and need a repair/respray to have to pay that again and wait for ever. File, basecoat blended and cleared again, days work.

yea i don’t have crazy amounts of money. krazy kid how much would you charge for something like that? i might try and do it myself

I PM’d you my est, I wont list my prices on here since I dont pay for advertisement and I dont want to take advantage of vlad.

Don’t use me as an example lol. I still.say.powder is a lot stronger, but that’s me just justifying my purchase,

Painting is going to be cheaper. If it’s done right (ie, painted in a bodyshop using the same technique as painting/baking a car) it will be pretty durable.

My winter 17’s are painted gloss black and have been through one hell of a winter so far and show 0% wear.