Powdercoating Recommendations.

Where is the best place to go for powdercoating in the area? Any place that stands above the rest in terms of quality, price, customer service etc?

Hoping to get my wheels powdercoated a matte black.
what price can i expect to pay for four wheels.

Thanks for all the opinions!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_03006811000P?vName=Tools&cName=Painting&Supplies&sName=Spray%20Paint&sid=IDx20070921x00003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=03006811000P

:), kidding but your car is gonna look real good with some matte black wheels, I just ordered a set of wheels myself…I can’t wait! I was wondering the same though because I was going to buy wheels with a silver face and wanted them powdercoated but looks like I skipped a step. Keep me updated man

powdertech

any idea how much powdertech charges for a set of wheels.

Some other members have had them done there, pricey (IIRC) but good. Probably better off calling them.

what size wheels? Are you going for show quality work or mid-quality (possibly some minor imperfections)?

wheels are 18 x 8.5 . Does not need to be show quality, just wheels for my dd. I just want decent quality at a good price.

I was asking b/c if you didnt care about show quality, I could have done them for you for a lot cheaper than Powder Tech… but 16’s are my oven’s limit. Last I heard, it was around $75-$100/wheel.

yeah, asc powdercoating said 75-100. I was hoping to be more in the 200-250 range for all 4.

keep the suggestions coming :slight_smile:

You get what you pay for in this industry…

Just save up a bit more and have powdertech do them if you want to keep it local. They do great work. I had them powdercoat my 08 Si wheels last spring in white. They charged me 400+tax for all 4 17 inch rims and lugnuts. So id expect it would probably be another 100 bucks to do 18s.

My 20 inch wheels from my TBSS are currently in Mamaroneck NY at Prodigy Performance Coatings being powdercoated gloss black. Im being charged 440 for all 4 and centercaps at this place. This guy does amazing work as well. Only downside is that i had to drive 2.5 hours with all my wheels to drop them off and i’m without my truck for about a week now. But powdertech wanted close to $750 to do them so the hell with that lol.