rim powdercoating

a friend of mine needs 4 rims(stock2door blazer rims) powdercoated black.

someone that does this want to help him out?

or point me in the direction of where to do it/how much something like this costs?

well i know i was lookin into getting my own shit to do small stuff…you can get a powder coating gun from ebay for about 100$ and you would need an electric oven(at least im pretty sure) not sure if that would be good for rims though, youd have to tlak to someone like lafengas, im pretty sure he used to powdercoat shit, if any of that helps at all

im taking my wheels to this place in hamburg (on southwestern) called hot shots tomarrow. i believe they charge 30 dollars a wheel for sandblasting / powdercoating. pretty good deal, and they do a really good job.

hotshots does very good powdercoating, i worked their for a little while til i got my old job back. 120-130 for all four in your color of choice

word. thanks guys. anyone have a phone# for hotshots? or a website or anything?

:word: id def like to talk to them

good your wheels definetely need some help. what color?

Or you could hit up Choko… he does very nice work

i went to buffalo finishing its on winslow ave…they charged me 50 bux a rim to sand blast and powedercoat these 18’s

I am sure yer buds STOCK Blazer rims are the hotness but why doesnt he save himself a LOAD of cash and just clean em and spray em black?

does anyone know the hours for hotshots. and where on southwestern they are? i need to stop by there and get a price.

I’ve called but no one ever picks up

im not sure on this but i thought i heard b4 that sandblasting rims can cause them to warp?!?! i might be wrong but i thought i heard it

i doubt it. considering how often ppl have their rims done

ive seen alot of things where sand blasting + powder coating rims really weaken them well rotas at least but yea more rims are made the same way at them

well i’ll be talking to the guy at hotshots on monday morning, so i’ll ask him and see what he says to clear things up.

and btw for anyone else lookin to do this, hot shots quoted me $180 for all 4 wheels blasted and coated, i’m goin monday to pick out a color then waiting for my tires to come in.