power fc

hey people… question I have the opertunity to buy a power fc for a great deal with conroller.
here is the thing its for a redtop… I have a blacktop.
now my blacktop is from a 94 so I can’t see how there would be any issue being as they are the same factory ecu.
I went on optionimports.com and there are 2 different part numbers for the 2 motors.

So what do you think… anyone know the difference?
I think the redtop one would work fine… ?? anyone??

It all depends what ECU you use. If you are running a 62 ECU then the redtop PFC will work for you. If you are using an E5 ECU then you may have to repin some of your harness at the ECU plug to get it to work with the redtop PFC.

I have the blacktop ECU on my redtop, no pins switched over. The pins are for the O2 sensor only I believe, I just turned it off with the PFC. I will likely make it right at some point I just haven’t bothered. Essentially it should work just plugging it in but it you want it to work perfect you will need to change some pins locations around.

Not quite true Nave… it depends on what your OLD ecu was… some blacktops run on 62 ecu’s which means the PFC from a redtop will work… and the re-pin is not only O2 Specific.

mine is an e5… not sure what I am going to have to change.

:scratch: So you are saying the blacktops CAME STOCK with a 62 at some point?

anyone know where I can get the pin outs for both?

found a fix for this problem.
Get a redtop harness. zing. fixed…
well thats a load of wtf off my mind.

I have an E5 ecu/harness however the Power FC I got was intended for a J4 (or 62 - I forget).

Basically 4 of the pins had to be re-wired. spark #2,3,4, and tachometer.

I have the PDFs of the ecu pin layout and what needs to be switched over.

the power FC for 62 and an E5 ecu work with the same harness…

only type-x blacktops (J4 ecu) use a different harness, and the type-x power Fc is needed for this application…

you dont need to swap harnesses thats 1000x the work of changing 2 pins if you want the 02 sensor to work which it does nothing at all since its a obd1 car.