Power Stroke Help

hey guys, I got a 2002 7.3 with the Banks Power Big Hoss Bundle minus the 6 shooter programmer and the Banks Power Brake is installed but not currently engaging (haven’t gotten to that yet). I have a Bully Dog programmer and been playing around between extreme, performance and tow/economy. Basically my Gas mileage sucks balls. Im around a quarter tank from full and only got 230 miles or something out of 3/4 tank:banghead. someone has to be a diesel guy/girl here and help me out. I’ll buy the beer and we can tool with it if your down.

I saw this truck in front of your house yesterday but didn’t realize it was yours.

My brother has the Bullydog on his Ram and he gets 20+ mpg with it on the extreme setting.

Im assuming this truck has a 33 or 35 gallon tank so that mileage is definitely horrible.

Ya may have some leaking down injectors , ya sure ya have no leaks ? That motor is a solid platform and is archaic so to say and not efficiant like newer ones but that’s a little excessive

it does leak oil… idk where from. I don’t really know where to start. I just did a Oil Change this past weekend.

Take the aftermarket stuff off and run a full tank through it. Any smoke when driving or on start up? When was the last fuel filter change? Also are the tires the correct size?

Little smoke on start up, black smoke when WOP when on performance, more on extreme. Just did the fuel filter with oil change, haven’t tested mileage since. This is the first tank since I got it. Tires are 315’s. It has a 6inch lift, it does need an alignment. And I just remembered it pulls to the left when I brake.

Well that smoke/soot is unburnt fuel. Any od the performance tunes will decrease economy. Also larger tires with no speedo recal will off set milage calculations.

The Bullydog should be able to adjust the speedometer/odometer.

Its about 4mgh off. So that means for every 100 miles add 40. So at 230 miles on ODO I really went roughly 325. So 100 miles a quarter tank average. At 35 gal that’s roughly 12 mpg… still shiiiiityyyyy:banghead

How/where can I get the speedo recal?

Checked, no can do.

Im surprised it cant.

My Edge is capable of doing that and I did it when I put bigger tires on.

Another thing to remember is right now winter blend diesel is at the pump so average mpg will be lower. I normally lose about 2 mpg on my d max

Will is def the truck go to guy, I’m gotta have him look at my cummins got a few issues (will is toomanycamaros)

Looked up the conversion. It’s more like 6mph off supposedly. I got the triple dog. Does Chevy, Ford and Dodge. I forgot what it told me but I remember I couldn’t do it. I’ll have to double check. I know my alignment needs done ASAP.

Try Omilin’s on Climax avenue off McDonald avenue for an alignment, not far from you.

:wow

Good shop? I mean the street name is :haha

Ive had them do some work on my truck and my dad has taken his cars there before. They do good work and are honest.

I def recommend omillns over any place around here for alignments, you won’t have some kid who knows nothing about the tool in his hand working on your truck! They are 100% honest and know their shit when doing a alignment

Sweet I’ll call them tomorrow.

my buddy had a 7.3 with a tuner he said it was terrible fuel milage. look up on a powerstroke forum and see what others are getting. if ur rollin coal like a mobile forest fire your waisting fuel