power supply?

i came home this morning and my pc was shut off. i went to fire it up, and nothing. so point me in the direction of a good 420+ atx power supply from a local store, i need it today.

damn… this is the 3rd person this week that I heard their power supplies went out.

compusa had a power supply left (1000w) that was on sale and the only one left, although I think skurges buddy snagged it up. May want to go look around best buy.

yeah im just not sure exactly what im looking for. the last time i bought a ps there were much fewer options, lol. theres ones with sata connections, pci-e connections, atx v2.0, v2.1, i dont even know what half that shit means.

is this a new rig? or a bit older?

I’d say just go with a standard ATX personally

edit: as for sata, you usually get a power convertor with the drive (or you can just use standard molex connectors with them aswell) and I’m pretty much thats the same case with pretty much anything these days. You’ll be fine

its a bit older, maybe 2 years. i put a standard atx in when i built it but now they have all this extra crap out there. i may be upgrading some other stuff soon so i dont want to buy a standard atx if theres something else i should get instead, i just dont know what.

If you still looking i have a nice PS brand new…couldn’t use it because it didnt have PCIe connections

Haven’t been on here for a while but this caught my attention…

My craptastically 1 year old Dell Laptop stopped recognizing it’s power source, or so it tells me.

Dell 3 year warranty… the only time Dell kicks ass.

nah i ended up going to circuit city and getting one, thanks though.